[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Stealth nerf for dots - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Stealth nerf for dots

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Brand

Stealth nerf for dots

Post#1 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:55 am

Not sure if this is affecting all dots or just warlock dots:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2150&sid=1

Pretty sneaky way to render an entire talent tree useless.

At the very least I'd like a free respec so I can get my noobguard like every other damn warlock.
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Sprock

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 pm

loloverpoweredlol
Heal me plz k thx
- Sprock's Last words

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#3 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:17 pm

but if all the locks go demonology i wont be able to beat any of them in duels.

PS - accidentally killed a lock's succubus with 1 swp the other day lol.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Brand

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 pm

(psst.... Elven, don't let other classes know that warlock's pets can be killed kthx)
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Ecnailla

Post#5 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:14 pm

/sap lock
/kill suck-u-slut
/vanish
/kill lock

I thought this was text book knowledge....

Brand

Post#6 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:35 pm

I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Sprock

Post#7 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Heal me plz k thx

- Sprock's Last words

Ecnailla

Post#8 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Brand

Post#9 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:48 am

And yes, the nerf was to warlock dots only, namely Corruption and Curse of agony. The way it was described, it was supposed to be a 10% flat nerf. I tested it last night. My corruption normally ticked for 324, last night they were ticking for 274. That's about a 15.5% nerf to corruption damage, and I have about +486 shadow damage. There are reports of some people with over 700 shadow damage seeing as much as a 25% nerf on damage.

The problem is that they changed the coeffecient again, so the nerf will be felt harder as you level up and get better gear. So that means when everyone's HP doubles in the xpac, our dots will be doing less and less damage, making our dot damage total = dick at higher levels.

The other problem is now that the coeffecients make those dots do less damage before 2.0.1. That means that I had to spend talent points in empowered corruption, shadow mastery, and contagion (13 total talent points) just to get on par with what our damage was before patch 2.0.

The other other problem is that they made these changes and decided not to tell anyone. Thanks to a few observant warlocks on the PTR, they spotted the problem and raised questions. They spent at least 3 days demanding answers from Blizz as to what the hell happened to our dots, and their response was the link I put in the original post, a hastily written response from someone who had innacurate facts and no good explanation as to why it happened.

The other other other problem is that it was intended to bring a nerf to demonology locks in conjuct with demonic knowledge, who were outdamaging affliction locks with their dots. So instead of toning down the talents in the demonology tree, they nerf the two most damaging dots that we affliction locks have. That's like saying waffles are too tasty so let's outlaw syrup, but it hurts pancakes just as much.

Okay I'm done writing for now. I'll go start building my destruction spec.
I HAVE CANDY GET IN VAN

Sprock

Post#10 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:05 pm

i like waffles

waffles > pancakes
Heal me plz k thx

- Sprock's Last words

Colder

Post#11 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:10 pm

french toast (or freedom toast as the case may be) pwnzors your so called waffles

Sprock

Post#12 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:16 pm

french toast pwns all
Heal me plz k thx

- Sprock's Last words

Ecnailla

Post#13 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:29 pm

This is the type of thing I am talking about... no, not the toast/pancakes/waffles- the dot nerf.

This is b/c people got on blizz's forums and cried about the dots b/c after they killed a warlock the died too b/c of the dots. "I had to wait 30 sec for a rez!" I too hate lock dots being on me in pvp. In fact, a lot of times I go in to a "do as much dmg as possible before I die" mode when I see all the lock dots on me.

ok ok - all the pvp players got theirwish- a nerf. Apparently a 10%-25% or more nerf. Thank you - now all of us who PVE will have 10%-25% less dmg coming from our locks.

F.Toast>Waff>Pancakes

Gadera

Post#14 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 am

Return to “Warlock”