[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Raiding spec - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Raiding spec

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Fenix

Raiding spec

Post#1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Raider spec.. what u think? its more geared to +dmg to group

Aff
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMrbRctqtfofx00c

But i like destro with its critage!!!!!!!!!
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AZfxczI0zZVx0tr0tVuV

Rayhort

Post#2 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:34 pm

The first spec is not good for raiding at all. The second spec you list is cookie cutter destro. The purpose of destro is twofold. Destro scales much better with gear and will, in theory, provide better DPS than afflic once you are in SSC/TK epics. The other purpose of destro is to keep up ISB. IF your raid has 2 consistent shadow priests and 2 consistent afflic warlocks and your looking to add a third warlock it can be very effective for him to be destro and spam shadow bolts for ISB uptime. Let me say one more thing about destro. Fire destro sucks donkey ass, just don't bother. DO NOT GO DEMO TILL YOU HAVE 2/5 T5, and then felguard is > 0/40/21.

Is a considerably better raiding afflic spec, take points out of suppression as you go over hit cap for afflic spells.

Palehorse

Post#3 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:46 pm

if you're trying to maximize + dmg go aff. the 41/0/20 is a solid build for that purpose.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AEMbiMfzVt0oZxx0tr

seems like the standard 40/0/21 spec

Rayhort

Post#4 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 pm

I don't think there is much of a reason to spec for push back resist on destro or shadow burn for raiding, but that is just me. I can assure you imp CoA is pointless and soul siphon is essential for raiding. Doom > CoA on bosses any time it will go full dura, no matter what talents you get or ignore.

P.S. If you go deep afflic for raiding and don't get malediction I will hurt you. :)

Rayhort

Post#5 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:57 pm

Pale WTB blue quality gems on your epic gear, and a runic spellthread on those sexy pants :P

Palehorse

Post#6 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 am

I'm torn on whether to get girdle of ruination (actually I'm sitting on learning the recipe), or look for a 5-man/heroic/raid drop. As for the pants, I was wearing trial-fire which had the mystical spellthread but I'd rather wait until I get a nether to put the spellthread on my recent spellstrike pants. Oh yeah and I need to find an enchanter in-game for spellpower bracers, and maybe + health to chest.....

Still a bit stingy on money ray, so +7s will be good enough for now. I think I'd get more dps out of dot rotation and revised talent tree since on 25-man I was barely top-10 dps-wise.

on the aff build I can see why the non-interrupt isn't needed in raids, but it's easier to drain soul if you're not interrupted each time you get hit, and for trash (at least in Kara) I went CoA, and only did the other curses on bosses.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AEMrMRfzVtMoZxx0tr somewhat revised tree

Elleandra

Post#7 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:46 am

Hm.

Isn't trial fire already better for a warlock than spellfire, which gimps your stamina? Even I am looking to jump to trial fire.

Palehorse

Post#8 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm

well the thing is for affliction warlocks + (shadow) dmg is THE most important attribute. Stam is certainly nice as it means I can lifetap more and worry less about AOE/boss nukes in instances/raids, but I kinda prefer the hit, crit (for shadowbolt) and + dmg of spellstrike. Plus the tailoring bonus :D

Return to “Warlock”