[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
DoT Rotation and Warlock DPS - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

DoT Rotation and Warlock DPS

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

DoT Rotation and Warlock DPS

Post#1 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:16 am

I was talking with Amy this morning and she was looking for some advice on improving her dps for raids. I personally don't have a lot of information on warlocks, dot rotation, dps, or specs. Amy is affliction spec I believe and doesn't get a lot of time with two kids to read the forums/guides. Perhaps someone can contact her in-game.

Here is a that has some very good information on raiding specs and strategy.

This is a . Shadow Embrace sure is a nice benefit to high-damage outputting mobs like Prince and Gruul, giving survivability to tanks and mana conservation for our healers. As well, since you can cast your DoTs on multiple mobs, fights like High King give Warlocks an awsome damage generation opportunity to have multiple mobs ticking away on fire-and-forget DoTs placed on them. I'm guessing this is what's meant by DoT rotation....but don't take that as gospel from a Warrior.

-Heartwood

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:35 am

Animist

Post#3 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 pm

Palehorse

Post#4 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:08 pm

Last edited by Palehorse on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Palehorse

Post#5 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Animist

Post#6 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:09 pm

Palehorse

Post#7 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:23 pm

Animist

Post#8 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Palehorse

Post#9 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:47 pm

lillix

Post#10 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:25 pm

i'll be the first to admit i'm not a leet lock. my dps is laughable and i spend half the raid examining the dusty floor of kara. all i'm good for is soulstoning ken, committing suicide via SoC spam and eating babies (if time permits). i'm still learning...

having said that, i'd like to know exactly how you arrived at the conclusion that UA > ruin. is there math involved or is it your personal opinion? if there's substantiation, please link or quote it. better yet, distill and present the salient info... i don't have the patience to sift thru yet another epic DnT thread.

amanierlyn

Warlock DPS

Post#11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Thank you all for your input. All the help and suggestions I get are appreciated. As Heart stated, and in talking to him I didnt mean for it to get put in a post here lol but i'm glad it did. I have been playing wow for quite sometime, but like Heart said I have 2 small children and don't have the time or energy to be the ultimate wow player...I have read over the posts, and will try the suggestions thanks much Amy.....

Animist

Post#12 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Here are my findings.

Assumptions:
- Hit-capped Aff warlock with Bane vs. boss-level mob.
- Encounter expected to last between 3 and 10 minutes.

High-level takeaways:
- Over 2 minutes, there will always be at least one time during the boss fight where two dots expire at the same time. Our goal is to minimize the number of such times. "Fitness" indicates the amount of casting where you aren't facing a collision.
- The ideal rotation for DoTs to minimize collisions varies with the expected duration of the fight (but not by much).

3-minute fight: 95% fitness, UA, Imm, CoD, Corr, SL
4-minute fight: 94% fitness, Imm, UA, CoD, Corr, SL
5-minute fight: 94% fitness, UA, Imm, Corr, CoD, SL
6-minute fight: 92% fitness, Imm, UA, SL, Corr, CoD

I might get around to writing a Web-based tool that shows you the expected outcome of a given cast order, including buffer space for SL/Life Tap/Dark Pact.

Palehorse

Post#13 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Return to “Warlock”