[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Shadow Destruction Build - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Shadow Destruction Build

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Elvenbane
Leader

Shadow Destruction Build

Post#1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 pm

I was talking to some people from Second Impact yesterday and here's the spec their top locks (, and ) are using slight variations of this spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZdxczIbzZEt0tr0zhhi

Rx throws around 1700dps with +1300shadow dmg and he's still threat capped.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Animist

Post#2 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 pm

That's pretty hardcore DPS. Too bad all the advice I've seen is to not go heavy destro until you're T4-T5 geared or so.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm

I can't say for certain but I think that's primarily an issue of spell hit
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Palehorse

Post#4 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:52 pm

The recommended gear is t5/t6 actually, and it's an issue of crit, not hit =P

destro spec relies heavily on shadowbolt for dmg (basically shadowbolt and immolate iirc), so increasing crit chance is the goal. as I understand it SI is in Hyjal/BT so at this point the warlocks have the gear able to support destro (destro is more viable than aff at that point both in the gear and scaling, generally speaking).

the thing is though, it's not difficult to get hit-capped with tier4/crafted gear, but it is to stack enough crit (recommended is 20-25%) to make destro viable.

Windia

Post#5 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am

Hehe Eleven coping Second Impact specs. Yea that spec is the best dps wise. In T6 destruction locks can blow away other dps classes. Once you get into T5 from then on going destruction is the only way to go for dps. Destruction is also best for ZA to max dps for the timed event. I have to be affliction in raids now to get a raid spot because our guild wants one in raids for support reasons. I do respec destruction when I can. Like ZA, I respec destruction for that because you have to max dps to beat the timed event. I also respec for our T5 runs which we do to sell loot to people on our server.
Here is one of our ZA runs I had to go back to find a run that only had ZA. I was speced 0/21/40.
http://wowwebstats.com/x61y3ezkc6o53

I know most of your guild don't know who I am or remember me from our days on Vek. Just bored and adding some helpful input.
Hope you guys are having fun <3 Elven & Liz!!!

P.S. Riz just got a bear mount but I beat his roll for the trinket off hex lord :P

Dzam

Post#6 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:56 pm

In a 25 man you would have even more DPS than that in the gear you are using. I can do 1200 DPS in a 25 man in T4 and crafted gear. You would do alot more in a 25 man than I. I have about 1% more crit than you do though but about 150 or so less bonus dmg plus I don't have that nice trinket you do.

I want that shrunken head!!!!

Polarside

Post#7 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 am

I always read/heard go Destruction once you get over +1000 damage and like Pale said, over 20% crit. But thats just reading the WoW warlock forum...There isn't any telling what kind of crazy info you're getting over there. heh...
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Palehorse

Post#8 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 am

well, the general consensus is that you spec affliction for PvE raiding at 70....until you have the gear and stats (general thought is around 1-1.1k spell dmg, 190+ spell hit, and ~20% unbuffed crit) to go destruction. destruction has no talents to increase spell hit, so it's very important to be hit capped, and the crit has to be high enough so that improved shadow bolt will be put up as much as possible, and will improve dps more than spell dmg.

while people *could* go destruction in 25-mans if not earlier, their DPS might go thru the roof but their overall raid utility is diminished without shadow embrace and more importantly, malediction (increased CoS/CoE). supposedly 40/0/21 is the spec for the aff warlock in bt/hyjal who is geared for destro but is on mal duty.

it's usually suggested that warlocks wait until around two pieces of tier5 (ssc/tk) to switch, but if you want a personal dps boost, you can switch earlier :)

Scared

Post#9 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:01 pm

unbuffed i run 1200ish shadow, 28.6%crit and 200hit

the probelm with the above listed spec is netherprotection. The probelm is when you aretanking bosses like illidan,leo,capernius if that procs it will temporarily remove your aggro like getting hit with bop

Return to “Warlock”