Official 3.1 changes.

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Doulmagnus

Official 3.1 changes.

Post by Doulmagnus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am

Here's the list so far, I will be adding as it is released.

Warlock

Improved Shadow Bolt – this talent now provides a 5% spell critical strike buff (similar to Improved Scorch).

Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests)

Drain Soul now has a chance to produce Soul Shards even if the target doesn't die.

Siphon Life no longer as an active ability but the talent grants the old Siphon Life effect to Corruption.

*note* I have a bit of trouble understanding the one above. The Siphon Life talent will add the effect of Siphon Life to Corruption... cant wait to read more on this.

Curse of Recklessness and Curse of Weakness have been combined into one spell

Consume Shadows – this Voidwalker ability is no longer channeled but has a cooldown.

Several other warlock talents have had their ranks reduced, their effects changed or removed. This list includes but is not limited to Demonic Empathy, Shadow Embrace, Eradication, Suppression, and Pandemic.

Additional new talents have been added.

Brulan

Post by Brulan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 am

From the wording.. it sounds like Corruption will have a Siphon component to it. I.E the dmg done by corruption will return helth to the Warlock.

I hope they up the dmg on Corruption since you'll be losing a DoT. Or did you not even use Siphon Life in a raid setting?
No.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am

Siphon Life is in my rotation yes.

The added Replenishment is nice though... wonder what will happen with the talents... new stuff is always fun.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:52 am

Possible Pandemic change.

Blue tracker: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/9/81373458 ... demic.html

We agree that the Affliction changes doesn't really make sense unless DoTs can crit for 200% damage. In that regard, we are probably more likely to just allow Pandemic to also give that bonus.

Ginxx

Post by Ginxx » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Yea the current lock rotation uses every single dot, including Immolate and Siphon life, both of which there is talk of removing. Immolate does get dropped from the rotation however when the target is under 25% life and we start soul draining. It's a shit ton of DOTS to maintain and all this is, I think, blizz's way of making things a bit less DoTimer intensive for us. They say we should be able to do our rotation without a third party mod required.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah less DoTs would be nice, but only if our damage output stays the same or close to it. I also agree that without DoTimer, keeping track of the whack-a-mole affliction DoTs is much harder.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 pm

New notes

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Affliction

Pandemic now Grants the periodic damage from your Corruption and Unstable Affliction spells the ability to critically hit for 100% increased damage.
Malediction now Increases your spell damage by 1/2/3%, and increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Corruption and Unstable Affliction spells by 3/6/9%.
Eradication changed to - When you deal damage with Corruption, you have 6% chance to increase your spell casting speed by 6/12/20% for 10 sec.
Siphon Life changed to - When you deal damage with your Corruption spell, you are instantly healed for 40% of the damage done. In addition, the damage done by your Corruption, Seed of Corruption and Unstable Affliction damage over time effects is increased by 5%.
Soul Siphon now Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life and Drain Soul spells by an additional 3/6% (up from 2/4%) for each of your Affliction effects on the target, up to a maximum of 9/18% (down from 24/60%) additional effect.
Demonology

Ritual of Doom cooldown has been lowered from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
Destruction

Decimation effect added - Soulfires cast under the effect of Decimation cost no shard.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

From the discussion I have read, Pandemic might be getting 200% to crit before it hits.

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown
This ability is for Arms warriors only I believe. As well, the reduction on outbound DPS while in defense stance has been reduced to 5% from 10%. Step back before I hurt someone...
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:47 am

Affliction

Haunt now only increases all damage done by your Shadow damage-over-time effects. (Old - All DoT effects)

:(

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 am

Here are the 3.1 official changes, looking forward to seeing the new mechanics in game but all in all, I feel Warlocks might have gotten the shaft this time around...

Banish: Now has a 6-second PvP duration.

Curse of the Elements (Rank 5): Increased to 13% spell damage, up from 10%.

Curse of Recklessness has been removed.

Curse of Weakness: Now also reduces the armor of the target by 5%.

Drain Soul: Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard.

Enslave Demon: Spell haste penalty reduced by 10%. Melee haste penalty reduced by 10%.

Doomguard: Cooldown reduced to 30 minutes, down from 60 minutes. Damage reduced approximately 30%, and health reduced approximately 30%.

Warlocks now innately have an increased 10% spell hit chance on the Enslave Demon spell.

Fire Shield (Imp): You can now cast this ability on raid members, rather than party members.

Ritual of Summoning: The summoning of the initial portal is now instant cast, down from 5 seconds.

Soul Shard: This item now has a maximum count of 32 in inventory.

Voidwalker: The health bonus on this pet has been reduced from 60% to 10%.

Affliction ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eradication: Whenever you deal damage with Corruption, you have a 6% chance to gain the Eradication effect. The Eradication effect increases your spell casting speed by 6/12/20% for 10 seconds. Internal cooldown removed.

Haunt: Now only increases your shadow damage-over-time spells on the target.

Malediction: No longer increases the effect of Curse of the Elements, but now also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Corruption and Unstable Affliction spells by 3/6/9%.

Pandemic: This talent has been reduced to a 1-point talent. Now grants your Corruption and Unstable Affliction the capability to critically hit.

Shadow Embrace: Now only increases the damage done by your shadow damage periodic spells.

Siphon Life: The Siphon Life spell has been removed. Siphon Life now causes your Corruption spell to instantly heal you for 40% of the damage done. In addition, the damage done by your Corruption, Seed of Corruption and Unstable Affliction damage-over-time effects is increased by 5%.

Soul Siphon redesigned: Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life and Drain Soul spells by an additional 3/6% for each of your Affliction effects on the target, up to a maximum of 9/18% additional effect.

Suppression: Now increases spell hit for all of your spells.

Unstable Affliction and Immolation are now in the same exclusive category (both damage- over- time effects cannot be present at the same time by the same caster on a target).

Demonology ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demonic Empathy has been removed.

Demonic Empowerment: This talent now has a unique spell effect.

Demonic Sacrifice: This talent has been removed.

Fel Synergy has been moved to tier-1. No longer increases intellect, stamina and damage of your summoned demon.

Improved Enslave Demon talent removed.

Mana Feed: This talent is now a 1-point talent, down from 3 points. Now is the 21-point talent in Demonology, granting 100% mana return to your pet, up from 33/66/100%.

Master Conjuror: Increased from 15/30% up to 150/300%.

New Talent: Decimation: When you Shadowbolt or Incinerate a target that is at or below 35% health, your next Soulfire cast time is reduced by 30/60% and costs no shard. Lasts 10 seconds.

New Talent: Nemesis: Reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Empowerment, Metamorphosis, Soulstone and Fel Domination spells by 10/20/30%.

Destruction --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aftermath redesigned: Increases the periodic damage done by your Immolate by 3/6%, and your Conflagrate has a 50/100% chance to daze the target for 5 seconds.

Backlash has been moved up to tier-5, up from tier-7. Now requires Intensity (pre-requisite).

Cataclysm: Now reduces the mana cost of Destruction spells by 4/7/10%. No longer increases the chance to hit.

Chaos Bolt: Damage increased approximately 15%.

Conflagrate: Spell now works similar to Swiftmend, consuming an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the target and dealing damage based on the strength of that effect. Reduced to a single rank.

Improved Immolate: Now increases the damage done by your Immolate by 10/20/30%, rather than just the direct damage.

Improved Shadow Bolt: Now increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt spell by 1/2/3/4/5%, and causes your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 1/2/3/4/5%. Effect lasts 30 seconds.

Improved Soul Leech: Now has a 50/100% chance to proc Replenishment.

Molten Core: This talent has been moved to Demonology (tier-8).

New Talent: Molten Skin: Reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.

Pyroclasm redesigned: Now increases your Shadow and Fire spell power by 2/4/6% when you critically hit with Searing Pain or Conflagrate. Lasts 10 seconds. Also moved down to tier-7 from tier-5.

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:18 am

if you think locks got the shaft... im going to have to respectfully disagree

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 am

I think we might... I didnt download the PTR so I dont know how the new mechanics look aside from in text. Im a bit worried about the condensed DoTs and what thier damage will look like compared to now.

Im sure many others got the shaft. Warlocks is the only one that effects me :P

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Patch 3.1.2 notes

Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)

Nether Protection reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.

Shadow and Flame: Now also includes Shadowburn.

Fire and Brimstone: No longer increases the damage of your Immolate spell, but now increases the bonus damage your Incinerate deals to targets afflicted by your Immolate by 6/12/18/24/30%.

Conflagrate updated: Consumes an Immolate or Shadowflame effect on the enemy target to instantly deal damage equal to 12 seconds of your Immolate, or 8 seconds of your Shadowflame.

Doulmagnus

Post by Doulmagnus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Glyph of Conflagrate redesigned: When you use Conflagrate, the damage done by your next 3 Destruction spells is increased by 10% for 15 seconds if the Immolate on the target has 5 or fewer seconds remaining.