[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Specs.. - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Specs..

Warlock class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Evilturtle

Specs..

Post#1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:47 am

For the locks that look at their forums, what are you shooting for spec wise? I have choosen to go Destruction/Affliction

It is more of a pvp style of build, but it does some mean damage.

Also, what proffs have you guys picked up? Tailoring/Enchanting here.. So if you guys need anything cloth made, let me know.

Wyndsong

Post#2 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:40 am

Popular specs are usually SM/Ruin, DM/Ruin, Soul Link, and Conflag.

Most ppl seem to avoid Dark Pact, but that's a personal choice.

EDIT: Sorry for invading the Warlock forum :)

Kianda

Post#3 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:43 am

I am currently heavy affliction spec'd (32/8/8), but that's mainly for leveling and minimizing downtime. My trade skills are alchemy and herbalism. I'm going to be respecing soon (probably several times) to play around with some of the different talents.

Evilturtle

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:25 pm

Yumi

Post#5 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:20 am

I have a 31 point Destruction build so far. I plan on going SM/Ruin for endgame.

Skinning/Tailoring are my profs.

I plan on getting to atleast Friendly with Thorium Brotherhood to make , damn the 6x Fiery Cores it takes.

Evilturtle

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:42 am

Yumi

Post#7 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Looking at respecing to this as a target for lvl 60. I would use and just start adding to Shadow Mastry until I hit 60.

Thoughts?

Evilturtle

Post#8 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:45 am

You are pretty even with the two trees, but personally I think you should look into a more heavy destruction spec. Take it down to conflag which helps ALOT for run aways.

I noticed you got curse of exhaust which would kind of replace conflag but when you hit DC - Immo - Conflag, it does a damn good job of taking them down.

Kianda

Post#9 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:46 am

Yumi

Post#10 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:46 am

Evilturtle

Post#11 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:03 pm

Demo is a solo tree, but I like damage and kind of stay away from the whole "Non-Damage dealing, solo class" like Prot warriors..

Jason

Post#12 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:24 am

That talk about Imp Drain Soul being worthless is nonsense. This build allows for tons of burst dam. for PvP and at the same time its extremely effective for grinding be it for items or shards. You wont be getting any complaints raiding either. This is one reason I love Locks. At first glance this build looks like a pure PvP build, but even so its still effective in PvE. All other classes gimp themselves in one area in order to excel in another. We don't have to.

Palehorse

Post#13 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:09 pm

Palehorse

Post#14 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:37 pm

at the advice of a naxx-running guild member I respecc'd to DS/Ruin (7 21 21, with 2 spare talents)

Ecnailla

Post#15 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:14 pm

I am working on a lock - can you link your new spec?

Usually I understand my goals and why I would spec one way, but the lock tree has thrown me a little.
Seems like the first tree is best for lvling and the last is best for DPS.

Return to “Warlock”