PUG Tank Shortage?

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

PUG Tank Shortage?

Post#1 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:16 pm

There have been a flurry of posts on the official WoW forums of late about an apparent shortage of tanks available for PUG Heroics. The general consensus from the tanking community is that the reason is mostly due to the immature, selfish, and unskilled nature of people in PUGs. I laughed at the following line from one Prot War:

Sorry it's just not a tanks job to fix stupid...I'll start tanking pugs again when I have access to a special ed tree and my flying mount is a short yellow bus to get puggers to the instance and back.

-Heart

PS. I never tank a PUG regardless of its destination. The only exception being recently when Asci asked if I'd tank Heroic Daily for him and after agreeing and joining discovered it was a PUG (a member of which promptly logged out after the final boss kill after looting all purple/blues to supposedly DE them for the group! *lol*)
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Tachion

Post#2 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:27 pm

woot! thats my trick!!

Brulan

Post#3 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:33 pm

But PuG's are fun!

But in all seriousness, PuG'ing the best way possible to recruit for your guild. Plus they can be pretty entertaining now and then.

With that being said. Heart... go go heroics all weekend. I need badges!
No.

Paxstris

Post#4 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:36 pm

PUGs are fun, until you get a tank who's so undergeared in blues and greens thinking he's the shit, but has the skill of a five year old, who randomly pushes buttons and hopes that they're the right ones.

Sometimes, a PUG may surprise you, and actually turn out good. But I always assume the worst, and pass.

Polarside

Post#5 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Whats a heroic? I may have ran one of those but Im not sure.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Gnomerman

Post#6 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:13 pm

i spent 2 hours finding a tank today... and i had a resto shammy from ogt in my group with me as well as a hunter and mage equally geared as me. They are definatly afraid to pug... but i don't blame them... if i go in a pug and die a few times it costs me 10g... for heart its like 50

but i've been in those pugs... omg omg omg omg die

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#7 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

I have a low opinion of Heroic PuGs in general. I never PuG a tank or healer, but I'll sometimes recruit DPS in the knowledge that there's only so much they can do to screw up a run. Friends are an entirely different matter. I'm more than willing to accept players that my party members may know already and have experience with. But taking a PuG tank or healer is simply asking for hours of time spent with nothing to show for it but a repair bill (or ninjaed shards, in the case Heart mentioned).

If it's a normal run, I can tank 90% of the mobs on Lealla if I have to, so I don't worry about it too much. Then again, I have nothing to gain from normals, so I'd only ever do one to help someone out.

I remember several months ago, when I got asked to go to a Heroic Hellfire Ramparts with someone who wanted to finish an in-progress run. It turns out that the Druid who was doing the inviting had been kicked out of a run prior to Nazan, and his "buddies" finished it without him. When we zoned in, we all got saved to a completed instance, which we didn't realize until we went to Nazan and found him not there. Needless to say, that Druid went on my ignore list after I had a few choice words with him.

Obanswrath

Post#8 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

pug=pain

Brulan

Post#9 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm sorry were you guys saying something I could get past the

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQq
No.

Return to “Warrior”