possible tank build

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

possible tank build

Post#1 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:17 pm

so i have a little 58 warrior and i want to tank him when i get to 70 so i was exploring tank builds... cuz well its fun, so.... i want to see what you guys think about it, and tell me how terrible some of them are or how awesome it is :) :)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVMczZVZfEtoh0dcxRt

thats right... its awesome.... or not

Taralash

Post#2 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Interesting to say the least, honestly warrior tanks are offered a lot of creativity when it comes to their builds. Imp Charge isn't needed, nor is anger management, tactical mastery is useless and 2/3 Focused Rage smells. Dump those extra points into Imp Demo Shout

Gnomerman

Post#3 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:38 am

isn't demo shout the dps war's job... :p

and tactical mastery is useful if you need to intercept, or charge then change back to def stance, i like the idea of 15 rage. But i definatly like to see what you think about it, as you said, tank builds allow for some customization and them to be personal to your playstyle

Heartwood

Post#4 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:25 am

Here is the build that I would recommend. It is Heartwood's spec.

The Improved Sunder Armor reduction in rage cost applies to Devestate as well as SA. Over the length of a boss fight, that is a lot of extra rage that can be put into more threat generation.

In a boss fight, you are not going to be changing combat stances. At most you will charge into combat with ber. stance and then switch to def. stance. So TM is not a good use of talent points.

Take the points from improved charge (which you will use once in a fight) and move them into improve heroic strike. HS is a rage dump, but it can also be a rage efficient rage dump. You'll use HS a lot during a boss fight, so these points are very well spent.

-Heart
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Return to “Warrior”