Deathfrost (Attn - Hyrion)

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

Deathfrost (Attn - Hyrion)

Post#1 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Hyrion and I were discussing the new Deathfrost enchant last evening. Here is the wowwiki entry. Of special note:

* Proc rate appears to be 10-12.5%

* Has no internal cooldown, can refresh itself but does not stack. Procs off both white and yellow attacks.

* Does debuff Raid Bosses.

* Does not stack with Thunderclap. Debuff replaces Thunderclap and is bigger than Thunderclap. Further Thunderclaps continue to do damage/threat as normal but does not further slow the target.

* For curious Frost Mages, enchant is affected by Arctic Winds 5% damage bonus, and Winter's Chill crit debuff. Not affected by spelldmg or Piercing Ice or Ice Shards.

* Replaces debuff from [Riftmaker].

The basic effects are:

Permanently enchant a weapon so your damaging spells and melee hits occasionally inflict an additional 150 Frost damage and reduce the target's melee, ranged, and casting speed by 15% for 4 sec. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

As an OT enchant, its not bad. It will give a dps boost from the frost damage. As well it will give an occasional boost to the effect of Thuderclap. Hyrion noted that both spell effect icons can show at the same time.

-Heart
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

kites

Post#2 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Well. Since talented imp thunderclap is greater than deathfrost it does very little to be honest.

hyrion

Post#3 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Interesting but not at all what i was hoping for. I'll play around with it and see if i can find some uses for it. Maybe caster bosses like aran that like to spam those spells.

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Does it proc off melee only?

Tachion

Post#5 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:18 pm

melee and ranged i believe

Ecnailla

Post#6 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:24 pm

might be of some use to a pally tank outside of a raid setting

Heartwood

Post#7 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Apparently it looks like it does work on some bosses. If Aran is not immune to it, this would be great for that fight.

-Heart

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#8 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:11 pm

I was reading EJ: Deathfrost and its mechanics earlier today.
Seems that the dmg proc and the slow proc might be separate and might have separate rules regarding the cooldown for melee vs spells.

For melee there appears to be no cooldown and the proc is based off weapon speed, however for casters the proc chance is ~50% and the cooldown is estimated in the 20s range.

Does not proc off consecrate or any other dots/channeled effects.

It does not stack with TC or CoT and I assume Slow, however it may be possible to apply the debuff to certain mobs that are immune to magic such as the council members
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “Warrior”