DPS Warriors and Solarian's Sapphire

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

DPS Warriors and Solarian's Sapphire

Post#1 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 pm

The following is from the Elitist Jerks DPS Warrior Compendium:

Solarian's Sapphire and Blood Frenzy:

This trinket deserve special mention as it's our class specific trinket for TBC and because of it's unique stat. In terms of raid dps gained from a single trinket, this is by far the best trinket a warrior can use. It grants your Battle Shout an additional 70 Attack Power. This is affected by the Commanding Presence talent up to 87.5 Attack Power. 87.5 Attack Power for 5 members of the raid is 437.5 Attack Power. No other trinket comes close to the amount of Attack Power granted by this trinket.

I would like to see our DPS Warriors sorting out between themselves during raid to have one person using this in their melee group. This will mean removing a trinket that benefit's one person's damage meter (not our raiding goal) to improve our chances on downing a boss (our goal).

-Heart
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Taralash

Post#2 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Not sure if I'm the only DPS warrior in the guild with one, if you have one of these speak up and we can work something out.

Slymangreat

Post#3 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:28 pm

I don't have one

Brulan

Post#4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:30 pm

That is the greatest Avatar ever.
No.

Heartwood

Post#5 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 am

Heart has this item as does Hyrion. Occassionally we go dps as well.

-Heart

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Taralash

Post#6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:10 am

If BS is up is does increase my AP marginally more than if I had my AP trinket equipped, I will probably start using this during raids from now on.

Polarside

Post#7 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 am

Its like, 30 DPS for the group. Add it up and its 18K damage over the course of a 10 minute fight. So if everyone is alive the boss goes down like 2 seconds quicker... :/

Ok... Sarcasm over.

But a single trinket that can increase everyone in your groups DPS by 6ish, thats pretty pimp.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Dzam

Post#8 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:04 pm

There have been many times that we wiped at 1%. That 1% could have been 18k dmg PS. Think about it. Heart just wants this so you will boost his DPS on the mob woot!!! Trying to pad the meters so he can out dps Brulan when he is in Elemental gear. Muhahahaha <3

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 pm

You'd equip this trinket for the same reason that I as a Boomkin might equip the Idol of the Raven Goddess - the spell crit it provides me is far less than the damage boost I can get from other idols, but it benefits the entire party as well.

Taralash

Post#10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 pm

lol

Polarside

Post#11 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 am

I was being a sarcastic prick there D... But yeah... Now that you actually mention that, that is very true. Anything that can help yourself or the raid is a bonus. No matter how large or small.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Return to “Warrior”