2 Paths: Fury Warrior DPS and Wrath of the Lich King

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Taralash

2 Paths: Fury Warrior DPS and Wrath of the Lich King

Post#1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Come expansion I'm forseeing two possible specs for Fury DPS. The first and most talked about spec is the Titan's Grip spec, essentially 21/50/0 spec, it puts 4 ranks in Two Handed Weapon specialization for improved damage and we see the use of Slam in a fury rotation with the inclusion of Bloodsurge. This means fury warriors will have 3 potential instant attack, 1 rage dump and 1 tool to keep flurry up, so to counteract the massive amount of rage that it takes to use all these abilities warriors become even MORE dependent on Windfury. Of course this shouldn't be a problem due to raid-wide totems, but because of slower attack speeds and more abilities I think there may be some rage issues with this spec.

The second lesser-known talent spec is 28/43 or 37/34, which is a high burst DPS spec. In this spec we lose Bloodsurge and Titan's Grip, which means no dual-wielding two handers and no instant slams, however we gain Bloodletting, Axe Specialization and Sudden Death in the Arms tree. This effectively allows up to keep up a solid DoT (yes, rend is good, now) and we gain 5% extra crit in EACH hand AND a 100% to be able to execute a target at ANY time if we crit. This spec is, as with the other, very Windfury dependent, because in order to keep executing we need big amounts of rage.

I think these both could do equally well, but only time will tell.

Return to “Warrior”