[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Prot Warrior Improvements for WotLK - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Prot Warrior Improvements for WotLK

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

Prot Warrior Improvements for WotLK

Post#1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 pm

from Wowhead had a great response regarding improvements to Protection Warriors come WotLK:

I'll name a some significant buffs to Protection that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Strength now grants 1 block value per 2 points. Stronger blocks, stronger Shield Slams.
2. New multi-target spammable attack and dot, Blood Bath.
3. Improved Revenge now increases Revenge damage by 25%.
4. Incite is taking Defiance's place in the talent tree, greatly increasing the critical chance of often-used tanking abilities.
5. Last Stand's cooldown is being reduced to 6 minutes.
6. Improved Disarm now, in addition to reducing the cooldown, increases all damage taken by the target by 10%.
7. Concussion Blow now deals damage based on Attack Power and causes high threat, and its cooldown is now 30 seconds.
8. Improved Shield Bash now increases the damage of Shield Slam in addition to its current effect.
9. Vigilance is a new, amazing utility ability to help control problem aggro-pullers, especially in smaller instances.
10. Stalwart Protector grants free rage for parrying and dodging.
11. Unique to Protection warriors is the new mechanic for Critical Block.
12. Sword and Board grants more Shield Slams and even better damage output and rage efficiency than you could get from previous talents.
13. And as icing to the Protection talent cake, Shockwave tops the tree off with a cone-aoe heavy threat stun that lasts 4 seconds on a 20 second cooldown.
14. Heroic Strike's bonus damage was increased by 50% across all ranks.
15. Mocking Blow can now be used in Defensive Stance, and has a 1 minute cooldown now.
16. Thunder Clap now scales much more powerfully with Attack Power.
17. Shield Bash now deals damage directly based on Attack Power.
18. Sunder Armor's threat scale with Attack Power.
19. Spell Reflection's base rage cost was reduced to 15.

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Scared

Post#2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Yeah, AoE in dungeons will become so much more than just Arcane Explosion + Seed of Corruption. Players will be competing to see who can do the most spectacular stun/knockback combos.

Heartwood

Post#6 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 am

I'm not getting my hopes up to be on the visible part of the DPS Meter even when there are AoE components to a fight. <G>

-Heart

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Yeah, but you can't tell me you won't have fun positioning a bunch of mobs just right and punting them. :-)

Heartwood

Post#8 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 pm

I sure will. Right now there is the suggestion (which was my first thought when I read about the ability) of changing it to a radius effect. A cone effect might be problematic as far as gathering up mobs and retaining them goes. Overall, I'm just exciting about the major improvements to Prot War tanking for multiple mobs.

-Heart

Return to “Warrior”