Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

The New Shield Block

Post#1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Shield Block currently on Live:

10 Rage
5 sec cooldown
Increases chance to block by 75% for 6 sec, but will only block 2 attacks (talented)

Shield Block currently in Beta:

10 Rage
40 sec cooldown (talented)
Increases your chance to block and block value by 100% for 5 sec.

At its core, the current (live) shield block is based around avoiding crushing blows. A little extra mitigation on two incoming attacks is a nice benefit.

Looking at the proposed Shield Block, the cooldown is much longer even when talented. However, there are no charges to the number of attacks that can be blocked while it is up. Not only does it double SBV (for big burst threat gen with Shield Slam), but with the implementation of critical blocks, it would be possible to have SBVx4 damage reductions. Given that this damage reduction is not affected by Silence effects it will be especially useful for fights where healers go through periodic periods of being unable to heal.

-Heart
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Damn those periodic periods.

Heartwood

Post#3 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:23 pm

As well, with Sword and Board there's a decent chance to get a refresh on shield slam while block is up.

Sionnaine

Post#4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Heart, one problem with the proposed change is Illidan. Illidan's Shear is on a 30 seconds CD last I checked.
- Sionnaine -

Heartwood

Post#5 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Yeah, Illidan's Shear is problematic. I'm not sure if Blizzard has thought of this and will change the timer on it.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 pm

That or have a Protection Paladin tank him? Or is that impractical for other reasons?

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#7 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 am

there has been a few guilds now that have used a paladin on illidan now leallla. the easier crush immune is a big help.

Sionnaine

Post#8 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Well the difference between Tank and Tankadin is that the Tankadin needs to rely on several stats to block parry or dodge shear.
- Sionnaine -

Return to “Warrior”