Heartwood

Current Warrior Changes

Post#1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:17 am

Some important changes to Warriors last night:

Skills
Arms

* Thunder Clap now affects an unlimited amount of targets

Fury

* Battle Shout attack power increase has been lowered from 550 to 548.

Protection

* Revenge isn't labeled as causing a high amount of threat anymore. Damage has been doubled. (From [ 9.3% of AP + 652 ] to [ 20.7% of AP + 1454 ] for rank 9)
* Shield Slam damage has been slightly increased. (From 756-794 to 990-1040 for Rank 8 )

Talents
Arms

* Sword Specialization proc effect now cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

Fury

* Armored to the Teeth now Increases your attack power by 3 for every 180 armor value you have. (Old - Increased Strength by 1/2/3 for every 400 armor value)

Protection

* Sword and Board now has a chance to proc from Revenge as well.
* Vigilance now transfers 10% of the target's threat to the warrior instead of just reducing it.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Resonationg Power - Reduces the rage cost of your Thunder Clap ability by 5. (Old - Increases the maximum targets affected by your Thunder Clap ability by 4.)

Some important things to note here:

Thunderclap now has no cap on the number of targets that it effects. And the new gylph reduces its cost by 5 which is nice.

Revenge is now tied into S&B to proc opening up Shield Slam. Revenge has also had its damage doubled for the trade off of losing its 'high threat' modifier. But I'd rather cause more damage for overall same TPS any day. Since Revenge scales with AP, this will be good for endgame DPS/TPS.

Armored To The Teeth had a big change to 3 AP for every 180 armor. So about 333 AP at 20k armor, or 417 AP at 25k armor. This change will feed nicely into Thunderclap and Shockwave for AoE threat.

Shield slam damage was increased on average by 240.

The Vigilance change was already in-game from last build.

I have absolutely no clue why Battle Shout was lowered by a trivial 2 points.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Heartwood

Post#2 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm

As well, Berserker Rage is now available in all stances.

Gnomerman

Post#3 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:23 pm

its probably because 548 is a more fun number to play games with.. like knowing your multiplication tables :p

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Heartwood

Post#4 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Did a little more digging, at it looks like the two points were causing it to over-write another class' buff.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#5 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Probably Improved Blessing of Might.

Heartwood

Post#6 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 pm

Yeah, I believe it was to get it right on par with Might numerically.

Heartwood

Post#7 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Another new change is that Taunt has been changed to a 20 yard distance (up from 5 yards). This somewhat unexpected change has lead to the thought that the increased range will be necessary for some boss fight in WotLK. With the other improvements to Prot War mobility, we're looking in great shape for tanking come WotLK.

Taralash

Post#8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:08 pm

I totally agree Heart. At first my faith was completely shaken, but somehow... someway... Blizzard has managed to come through and really deliver the goods concerning warriors. Maybe it's just because WOTLK is the second expansion and they're really trying to ramp things up, but to me it feels like warriors are in much better shape than they were upon the release of BC.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:45 pm

The increased Taunt range is useful now, not just in LK - think about encounters like the ogres in Gruul's Lair, where they charge all over the place. In my mind, it brings Warriors and Bears up to par with Paladins and DKs in terms of the ability to taunt mobs.

Return to “Warrior”