Serves as a temporary raiding build. Points will be significantly redistributed by level 80.
PTR Thoughts, Excerpts
"Logging on, I quickly threw down a rudimentary build. Satisfied was I when I realized that, although shitty, the loss of Impale as a trade for Titans Grip isn't a big one.
I hastily threw down twelve gold, nabbing myself a beard, before riding over to the Warrior Trainer and training the new Heroic Strike rank. By now I had slapped on my two weapons, World Breaker, and the Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword. I did notice, even before I equipped said weapons, that my crit had gone up roughly 2%, a welcome bonus, despite it being one I was, and still am, completely ignorant of regarding it's cause. With my two two-handed weapons on, I evened out at around 2200 AP, with a top end of 1150, this is without World Breaker enchanted withOUT Savagery, mind you.
First thing's first... to the Blasted Lands I flew, eager to beat the fuck out of those conveniently invincible dudes. Probably the most welcome thing was Rampage being passive, which is a godsend, honestly. I found on average I was critting MH for 2000, OH for 1000+. Bloodthirst also has shifted in it's use, becoming the backbone of the full rotation. I was able to consistently execute full Bloodthirst > Whirlwind /Heroic Strike/ Slam rotations, and all variations of such, with ease. I never missed and never ran out of rage, however I suspect that may be because I was wailing on a level 55 mob.
When I popped all my trinkets and cooldowns I was sitting around 5000 DPS for a solid 15-20 seconds, if that was because I got a few lucky crits and World Breaker procs? ....well, who's to say?
Speaking of the World Breaker, this thing is fucking amazing,
As demonstrated, the highlights of this shot are as follows:
- 82% crit, meaning constant, successive slams, thanks to my personal Jesus, the World Breaker
- Two AVERAGE crits, the first (1350) being Offhand, the second (2175) Mainhand.
- Rampage refreshing after I crit
- "Slam!" being shown in the scrolling combat text, altering me that I have an instant Slam available
- Notable attack speeds, 2.96 and 2.88. Frankly I barely noticed any difference between the swing speed on Live and on the PTR.
- HEALED FOR 69! LOLZ
- Fancy beard, and haircut. Silky smooth!"
Last edited by Taralash
on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.