Fury 3.0, PTR Thoughts

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Taralash

Fury 3.0, PTR Thoughts

Post#1 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:01 am

The build.
Serves as a temporary raiding build. Points will be significantly redistributed by level 80.

PTR Thoughts, Excerpts

"Logging on, I quickly threw down a rudimentary build. Satisfied was I when I realized that, although shitty, the loss of Impale as a trade for Titans Grip isn't a big one.

I hastily threw down twelve gold, nabbing myself a beard, before riding over to the Warrior Trainer and training the new Heroic Strike rank. By now I had slapped on my two weapons, World Breaker, and the Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword. I did notice, even before I equipped said weapons, that my crit had gone up roughly 2%, a welcome bonus, despite it being one I was, and still am, completely ignorant of regarding it's cause. With my two two-handed weapons on, I evened out at around 2200 AP, with a top end of 1150, this is without World Breaker enchanted withOUT Savagery, mind you.

First thing's first... to the Blasted Lands I flew, eager to beat the fuck out of those conveniently invincible dudes. Probably the most welcome thing was Rampage being passive, which is a godsend, honestly. I found on average I was critting MH for 2000, OH for 1000+. Bloodthirst also has shifted in it's use, becoming the backbone of the full rotation. I was able to consistently execute full Bloodthirst > Whirlwind /Heroic Strike/ Slam rotations, and all variations of such, with ease. I never missed and never ran out of rage, however I suspect that may be because I was wailing on a level 55 mob.

When I popped all my trinkets and cooldowns I was sitting around 5000 DPS for a solid 15-20 seconds, if that was because I got a few lucky crits and World Breaker procs? ....well, who's to say?
Speaking of the World Breaker, this thing is fucking amazing,

As demonstrated, the highlights of this shot are as follows:
- 82% crit, meaning constant, successive slams, thanks to my personal Jesus, the World Breaker
- Two AVERAGE crits, the first (1350) being Offhand, the second (2175) Mainhand.
- Rampage refreshing after I crit
- "Slam!" being shown in the scrolling combat text, altering me that I have an instant Slam available
- Notable attack speeds, 2.96 and 2.88. Frankly I barely noticed any difference between the swing speed on Live and on the PTR.
- HEALED FOR 69! LOLZ
- Fancy beard, and haircut. Silky smooth!"
Last edited by Taralash on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Heartwood

Post#2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:30 am

Sudden Death appears to be a good investment for the 3 talent points.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Ginxx

Post#3 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 am

I <3 your posts tara.

Taralash

Post#4 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Next was Arms, the bastard son. The kid who gets into fights on the playground. With an obligatory sigh of submission, I refunded my talent points and rearranged them, throwing a healthy portion into Arms. With talents like Sudden Death, Bladestorm and Trauma, I figured that for sure I would tear people up in BGs.
Nooooo. Nooo-hooo-hooo-hoooo....
Maybe it was the general indifference regarding Mortal Strike spec that had me in a funk, but man, all I can say is that Arms is... shitty as shit. On a cosmetic note, I looked ridiculous in my mix of PvP and PvE gear, but it almost seemed worth it just to run in clad in full raid gear, so I could squeeze out some more fucking damage.
Bladestorm is a let down, as expected. It sucks.
I was so busy getting destroyed by Ret Paladins that I couldn't really keep track of Sudden Death and all that other good new stuff, and even if I could, dumping my whole rage bar in PvP is fucking stupid, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.
On another note, I found my Deep Wound ticked for about 300 and my Rend for 500, or maybe it was the other way around... I'm not sure.
Frankly I don't care.
Defeated, I logged off and said, sitting hunched like a sad statue at my desk, "Fuck Arms, fuck Paladins and fuck the moon."

Heartwood

Post#5 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Here is some good news for Fury Warriors. The warrior class in general is very gear dependent; fortunately Fury appears to scale up very nicely at 80. Who knows...perhaps the raid's Fury warrior will be the recipient of my sexy Vigilance talent.

You go little Fury Warrior, you go....

Taralash

Post#6 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Oh yeah, I mean Fury surpassed all my expectations. The spec is twice as involving now, except they have rid it of all the annoying shit, like Rampage, and replaced it with viable, personal-DPS enhancers, like Bloodsurge. That post there, the numbers displayed are EXTREMELY similar, like within 1%, to the ones I got after throwing down my Fury rotation/spec on the PTR. The spec is great, Titans Grip is great, Fury is fine, it's all good.

Arms sucks, however.

Heartwood

Post#7 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Can't you at least lie a little to make the Arms Warriors feel better?

Gnomerman

Post#8 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:22 pm

have you tried out hitting a boss lvl mob? cuz titans grip having a 15% ADDITIONAL chance to miss on hits that require a mele weapon seems like that is a huge amount of hit you need to make up. I was curious if you have much to say about this

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#9 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:04 pm

I believe that Titan's Grip does not add any additional miss chance for dual wielding; what it does is increase the miss chance for your special attacks which normally do not suffer from the dual wielding penalty.

The base miss chance is 5%. This applies to all attacks with a 1H weapon alone, a 1H with shield, a 2H weapon, ranged weapons, and all special attacks. When you are dual wielding, an additional 19% miss chance is applied to your white damage only. Your specials still have a 5% chance to miss.

Each level the mob is above you causes an additional 1.2% penalty (1% for level and 0.2% for its higher Defense vs. your weapon skill). Thus, a boss-level mob adds 3.6% to those values. The final results look like this:

Single wielding: 8.6% miss chance for all attacks.
Dual wielding: 27.6% miss chance for autoattacks (white damage), 8.6% for most special attacks.
DW with Titan's Grip: 27.6% miss chance for autoattacks, 23.6% for most special attacks.

This does not change your ultimate target for hit rating: 435 at level 70. What it does is raise the hit rating needed to cap your specials from 136 to 372. Of course, these values don't count talents that give you hit chance.

Gnomerman

Post#10 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 pm

oooo i see, so fury wars are gonna need to put a much bigger emphasis on hit, like combat rogues currently do, gotcha, does this mean warriors arae gonna be wearing rogue gear? or will plate gear have heapings of hit on it as well... or will you be gemming for hit.. i guess we'll have to wait and see

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Taralash

Post#11 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Never gem for hit. It's just stupid. Looking at the Level 80 Fury gear right now, along with level 80 2 handers, shows an OBVIOUS increase in the amount of +hit allotted. If worse comes to worse I MIGHT CONSIDER throwing on some leather, but I doubt I will. The reason the hit penalty isn't a huge factor is because A: There's going to be an obtuse amount of hit on level 80 stuff, just look and you'll see, and B: Because Fury has never been overly dependent on hit. Yes, it is important, but the miss penalty isn't insane because you're attacking so much, and as stated previously, and demonstrated, if you check out the link Heartwood posted, Fury will be running with OVER 400 hit at 80. The norm, if you will.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#12 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Don't forget about scaling, Tara. That 400 hit rating will be worth about 12% hit chance at level 80. That's still a significant gap to make up if you're using Titan's Grip.

Taralash

Post#13 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Ye naysayers!

Here's some quotes from Heartwood's 2nd link.

"My Stats
3905 AP (With shout/zerker)
475 Hit
477 Haste
26.1 Crit (In zerker without rampage up)
9 Expertise
MH: Demise (5 weapon dmg enchant)
OH: Mojo Masked Crusher (2 weapon dmg enchant)"

"5 Mans Heroics
Depending on the instance I can pull 1900-2400 for the whole place. It also of course depends on the buffs that the other party members bring. That includes trash etc. On a single boss I usually pull 2100-2500 but there of course are those oh dear god fights which I happened to have one earlier today. The only party buff I was given in Heroic Pinnacle was the DK str/agi buff. On the second boss (including the 4 minis before the actual boss and the boss himself) I pulled 3350 dps. That is all single target DPS and I just happen to hit a string of crit after crit. "

"Naxx
I have cleared Naxx now a few times on 10 and 25 man. Blizzard has done a good job of making fights different enough where the same dps (except for you damn hunters) is top DPS every fight so it is a range depending on the boss

-10 Man
Figure right around the 2300-2600 DPS for boss fights. Again with not all the buffs it changes with the raid make-up.

-25 Man
This is where fury shines. The plethora of buffs shows that we will scale very well. (As if this is news for this class) Single target DPS is roughly 2800-3500. The thing that somewhat bothers me is that puts me up in the top 5 for DPS for the fight usually (depending on how many OP hunters are in the group). The thing that bothers me a bit is that I have 3 blues. Helm, OH and a trinket and generally the people beating me are not as "geared" as I am and tend to be about 1/2 stock gear. This There are of course some people on par/have better gear then me that beat me too. This will be fixed by the end of the instance after Naxx as fury should be a powerhouse again around then. My reason behind this is Loatheb. The 50% crit buff shoots me right up the #1 DPS (sometimes some damn hunter beats me, god damn hunters! lol :P). We scale better then anyone else with the buff. On that right I am sitting at about 4800-5200 DPS. "

There you go.

Gnomerman

Post#14 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:30 pm

more hit on gear question answered, now to see how well my mage does with 2400 spell dmg :)

Taralash

Post#15 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Updated original post. Temporary build posted. Use at own discretion, my gear held it up, but yours may not.

Return to “Warrior”