[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Level 70 MT Prot War Spec - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Level 70 MT Prot War Spec

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

Level 70 MT Prot War Spec

Post#1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:14 am

This is a toughie... A level 80 spec is pretty easy to work out, but level 70 just leaves too many tasty pastries in the bakery window untasted... I'm currently looking at as my spec for Heart. Heart can keep specialized into TC if Hyrion is good to keep specialized in DS.

After a raid or two when I've got a better feel for threat vs. mitigation/avoidance I may well tweak things a bit. But for now I'm keeping cautious with a bias towards survivability. No Shockwave or Warbringer are a little sad, but its only for a month.

Threat gen is less of a cycle now and more of a prioritization as follows:

1. S&B Shield Slam when up
2. Revenge
3. Shield Slam
4. Devastate

Anyone with a warrior tank not yet in late T5 gear will want to watch their defence to make sure that it has not dropped below 490 due to changes in our itemization. Prot War DPS got a big boost with 3.0 and is a worthwhile contribution to our raids.

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Heartwood

Post#2 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 am

Oh, one other point... Make sure to visit our class trainer to get your new self-healing skill.

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

hyrion

Post#3 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 am

I'll post my raiding spec a little later today and the spec i plan to use for 5 mans too.
Same as heart i think i'm not going to be using shockwave in our raids. Virek and Holy do a great job of tanking mobs as is and there is no need to fix something that really isn't broken.

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 am

man, warbringer is a sexy talent, leaving it out must have been like leaving the last of 5 kittens in the rain :(

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

hyrion

Post#5 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

I hate this spec but it's the best i can come up with and still maintain improved demo shout. If the guild leaders want imp DS i'll run it, but i hate it. Having to sink 10 points in the fury tree kills most options i have
for prot. I have 46 points left over after sinking 5 into arms and 10 into fury, It takes 45 just to get to Sword and Board and at that point i have a
whopping 1 point left over for sword and board.

edit, have no idea how to properly link this

edit, fixed for linking (ken)

Last edited by hyrion on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gnomerman

Post#6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 am

we need an arms warrior or feral drood to have imp demo shout (or the drood equivilant)

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

hyrion

Post#7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm

So in 3.0 raids the standard melee damage output will be reduced as well.
Does this apply to bosses as well?

If so i think i am dropping the improved demo shout. I hate to harp on this so much, but i really am not happy with my spec options. I know it's just for a month, but i have to relearn how to tank with these new abilities and new mechanics. Respecing after every raid to run an instance just doesn't appeal to me or my pocket book.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#8 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Yes, bosses' melee damage is getting nerfed; we don't know exactly how much but even a 10% reduction would make Imp Demo Shout way past obsolete.

Return to “Warrior”