3.1 changes for Warriors.

Warrior class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Doulmagnus

3.1 changes for Warriors.

Post#1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 pm

WARRIOR

Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.

You now gain rage when damage done to you is absorbed, such as through a Power Word: Shield.

Blood Frenzy now causes 2/4% physical damage done.

Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank. Creature armor has been globally reduced so that debuffed targets should take about the same damage from physical attacks that they did before this change. The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.

We are also adding increased damage to Arms, possibly through Overpower or Slam.

We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.

Darksorrow

Post#2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm

awww, no fury changes

Gnomerman

Post#3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 pm

the only changes fury warriors need involve a nerfbat

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Renly

Post#4 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm

There was a Warrior hotfix to Deep Wounds:

Deep Wounds hotfixed
We have been working on fixing the bugs with Deep Wounds so that we wouldn't have to just nerf it across the board. Some of those hotfixes may have gone in.

Fury in particular was doing too much damage on many encounters solely because of these bugs. We think Arms pve damage is probably too low, but we don't want to adjust that by having a buggy Deep Wounds. We also want to make sure prot warriors do not lose too much damage or threat.
1.) The weapon damage got all the modifiers (Enrage or Death wish, Two handed spec.)
2.) Then the bleed got those same modifiers (Enrage/Death+Two handed spec).
This is the change we made: Number 2 will no longer happen. Instead Deep Wounds will just be a percentage of the damage calculated in number 1.

In all types of encounters, we will see a small decrease in overall Fury dps. In damage modifying encounters like Thaddius, the dps decrease will be significant.

Pretty much Deep Wounds dps is going to be static now. It is purely dependant on Weapon Damage soley with no overlapping modifiers.

/sad panda face :cry:

Heartwood

Re: 3.1 changes for Warriors.

Post#5 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Doulmagnus wrote:The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.

Because the one thing that Prot Warriors really need is a reduction in damage... Granted PvP comes down to skill a lot of the time, but really skill can only push the numbers so much. It's embarrassing when I'm beating on a caster in AB and they don't even bother to move away from me... -.-
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Honestly, I've been expecting this change for quite a while. It's the same issue with armor penetration. Although the armor scaling system is based on "time to live" rather than a linear scale, it still means that a given flat armor reduction for a cloth wearer is more significant in terms of additional damage taken per hit than the same amount on a plate wearer. Cross-reference that with the fact that PvP is about burst rather than sustained damage and you see the dilemma.

Consider this, Heart - the new Sunder Armor will be a lot more effective when you go toe to toe with, say, another Prot Warrior.

Brulan

Post#7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Epic prot war vs. prot war PVP.

I feel dirty just saying that.
No.

Ecnailla

Post#8 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

And just think how useful a Swiftness pot will be when going toe to toe with a prot pally....

Sucks for Dark and Ren. I like our high dmg fury machine.

Darksorrow

Post#9 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 pm

:cry:

Heartwood

Post#10 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Lealla wrote:Consider this, Heart - the new Sunder Armor will be a lot more effective when you go toe to toe with, say, another Prot Warrior.

I could only imagine the dull frustration if a BG or arena ever ended up completly populated with Protection Warriors. Low dps with large defenses... We'd probably get the chance to use our health regen ability a couple times before someone actually died (or our weapons broke and we all went home crying...).

This does remind me of a funny PvP story though. Back when I was completing the STV arena achievement, I took down a druid in a long and very evenly matched fight. Afterwards he sent me about 20 angry /w's about what a noob I was for having to use a health pot in PvP. I'd have enjoyed explaining that Prot War's have a health regen ability and that I hadn't used a pot....unfortunately he chose to /w me from the protection of /ignore. lol

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Doulmagnus

Post#11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Arms

Shattering Throw will now reduce the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec or remove any invulnerabilities. (Old - reduced armor AND removed any invulnerabilities)

Bladestorm will now instantly Whirlwind up to 4 nearby targets.

Juggernaut now affects both Slam and Mortal Strike

Fury

Improved Berserker Stance now increases strength by 4/8/12/16/20%. (Up from 3/6/9/12/15%)
Protection

Improved Defensive Stance now increases Physical damage caused by 5/10% for 12 sec. (Old - melee damage)

Return to “Warrior”