Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Nov 13th - WotlK

Post by Ecnailla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:54 am

Date has been set. Didn't expect it so soon.

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:33 am

Nor did I. I saw the news tidbit on the Curse client this morning. I guess I'll be placing a preorder soon, although I still want to see if they announce a Collector's Edition version.

Brulan

Post by Brulan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 am

There is a CE edition. You get a mini frost wyrm pet and a bunch of other random stuff like a dvd, books, trading card game packs, etc...
No.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:59 am

Brulan wrote:There is a CE edition. You get a mini frost wyrm pet and a bunch of other random stuff like a dvd, books, trading card game packs, etc...
Sold!

Hmm... just checked Best Buy and they don't have the CE for preorder. Guess I'll have to suck it up and wait.

November 13th is less than 2 months away. I really hope they can finish all the bug fixing on 3.0 and get the expansion content ready by then. Blizzard has dramatically improved their development cycles but there's still a lot of stuff to finish...

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:07 am

It looks like all the core code work has been done. Just a matter of balance and polishing, and getting a few errant abilities tidied up. Blizzard's had the chance to get a lot of data and feedback from Beta, now the PTR will give a really solid chance for the masses to try and 'break' things. The game should be in solid shape in two months, any other tweaks/changes are what patches are for.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Gig

Post by Gig » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am

just requested the 13th and 14th off from work so i can play this game and probably die from exhaustion the following sunday. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:55 am

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 pm

I have the leave to take those days off, but I have a feeling it's going to be a madhouse that week between launch issues, bugs/crashes, and everyone flooding to Northrend. Also, it's kind of odd that LK is launching on a Thursday rather than a Tuesday, but I guess that gives Blizzard time to deploy any necessary patches before the servers get slammed.

Thanks for the link to the CE, Heart, but what I really want is a place to preorder it. I'll have to check the Blizzard Store when I get home - I can't get there from work.

Gig

Post by Gig » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:28 pm

yup! just ordered it. can't wait to pick it up.

Arlan

Post by Arlan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Anyone know if Wrath will be available for purchase via download?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm

If Blizzard goes by their past policies, it will only be available in a retail box for the first 3-6 months, then will become available as an online purchase. It is likely that the client itself will be available for direct download (or just copy it from someone else's CDs/DVD), but you will have to buy a retail box to get the upgrade activation key.

This policy is so that Activision Blizzard doesn't piss off the retail distribution channels that want their slice of the pie. They'd lose a lot of money if Wal-Mart decided to stop carrying their games.

Stask

Post by Stask » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Still debating if I should pre-order this from Amazon.com or see if I can reserve a copy at the Wal-Mart only a mile from my apartment. When I preordered BC from Amazon.com, it did arrive on the release day but I had to wait until the end of the day for the package to arrive. Would it be a better idea to try to reserve a copy at Wal-Mart instead this time? Any suggestions?

I've got some vacation days coming to me as well. Methinks the second week of November might be a nice time to take a few days off...
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Gig

Post by Gig » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 pm

i say screw it and pick it up yourself. atleast you are in control of "when" you'll receive your copy.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm

I just happened to be at a Wal-Mart at midnight when BC came out. Apparently they had no idea it was going to be a big deal and were quite sick of people asking about it. The IDIOT manager over electronics said he had decided they weren't going to start selling them until 8:00am b/c they only had 2 people working in electronics.

....so i kicked him in the nuts and yelled "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

I'll probably preorder it from the gamestop by my house.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Amazon doesn't have the CE available for preorder either. So who knows; I may end up waiting in line at an actual physical store... /cry