Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:20 pm

Well, at least the half-wits won't be able to get Hand of A'dal after 3.0, so those who did achieve it will properly stand out among their peers.

Brulan

Post by Brulan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Lealla wrote:Correct. However, many of the BT encounters are based on extreme amounts of burst damage, and the plethora of raid damage reduction abilities (Spirit Link, Divine Guardian, Hand of Sacrifice, Pain Suppression, etc.) that will be available will make those much, much easier. Bloodboil is the one I'm specifically thinking of here; the ability to mitigate 20-30% of damage taken by the Fel Rage tanks could make all the difference when it comes to keeping them alive.

Just fyi, Spirit Link no longer exists. It was replaced with a shitty regrowth type hot on an 8 second cooldown.
No.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 pm

Brulan wrote:Just fyi, Spirit Link no longer exists. It was replaced with a shitty regrowth type hot on an 8 second cooldown.
Oh, really? I haven't been following Shaman changes all that closely. Ah, well, RIP Spirit Link. We barely knew ye.

Stask

Post by Stask » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:44 pm

hyrion wrote:Then Blizz nerfs mag and all of the sudden every half wit on the server has a Naruu champ title.
Well, not every half-wit. Zeph and pale are still lacking Champion of the Naaru titles... (j/k) :-D
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Meh, you had to point that out counselor ? /shakes fist

"To coincide with the upcoming new talents and mechanic changes for classes in the next patch, we are making some adjustments in existing raid content to provide a smooth transition when the upcoming patch is released. The creatures and bosses in raid dungeons that were introduced in The Burning Crusade will have their health reduced, and most will have their standard melee damage output reduced as well, but their spell and ability damage are not being changed. These changes are being made in all raid dungeons from Karazhan to Sunwell Plateau as well as the outdoor encounters of Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker. On top of this Illidan is also doing his part and will stop casting Shear on players."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 40&sid=1#0

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Wow, so it is official. We'll have about four weeks to plow through all the content we didn't get to yet. Let's get 'er done!

I'm predicting massive QQ over this change. For the record, I could care less if they nerf the difficulty at this point; they are taking the titles away so we'll all know who really got it done before the patch.

Let as many people as possible go to BT and Sunwell, let them get their T6, because on Nov. 13th, it won't matter anymore.

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:29 pm

As people pointed out in the above thread (bottom first, top 2nd), these changes coincide with some combat changes...

"While this is technically a "nerf" by definition, it is not a nerf as the online community usually thinks of the word. It's simply retuning, as other intelligent people in this thread have said. No downranking and only ONE potion per battle will make healing and very possibly caster DPS much more difficult. "

Another thing is that someone told me that BT/Sunwell gear will actually reverse the "greens > rares" early tbc situation due to the supposed bosses attacking in bursts, making haste a valuable stat. I'm not sure if that's *true*, but if it is, it doesn't seem that the gear will become obsolete on Nov. 13th.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post by Lealla » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:51 am

Hmm, I was looking over the discussion some more and I think you may be right, Pale. In our rush to discuss all the new stuff that's coming out, many people (including me) have overlooked some of the more subtle mechanics changes, such as "one potion per encounter", and the elimination of downranking. These changes will significantly reduce the longevity of mana users, especially and particularly healers, so raid fights have to be retuned to reduce their duration.

Now, as a Druid, I've found myself standing outside the issue a bit, as I never downrank and only rarely have to burn potions. However, the change to Lifebloom is going to alter our formula a lot; I haven't seen the actual numbers but it appears that chain-casting it indefinitely will no longer be possible. That plus the GCD reduction from talents and greater emphasis on haste will greatly increase my mana consumption while healing. On the good side, I can spec to Moonglow for extra mana cost reduction, and there should always be a Replenishment effect up in the raid, even if I'm in a tank group instead of a Shadow Priest group - plus Mana Spring totems will affect everyone.

In short, my HPS will go up but my mana efficiency will decrease. So, I can see the value of having shorter fights in 3.0, if for no other reason than keeping Blizzard from having to retune every single level 70 raid encounter.

Pale, on the gearing issue: while it's true that greens don't usually have haste, it's a very common stat to find on blues, starting from the very first items available in WotLK. And if you're in BT/Sunwell gear, you won't even start to replace your stuff until level 75+ anyway. It's very much like when BC came out; people with T2 and T3 kept that stuff for a fairly long time. If you want to see exact figures, go look at the item level comparison thread I made in our very own WotLK forum. Some Sunwell gear will last all the way to level 80.

Brulan

Post by Brulan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:21 am

Most of the greens you'll see in northrend have some haste on them.
No.

Sionnaine

Post by Sionnaine » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm

hyrion wrote:Challenging i guess, but not as much as before.
The whole situation reminds me of magtheridon. We killed him when he was a difficult encounter.
The champion of the naruu title meant something then. Most guilds were skipping mag at that time.
Then Blizz nerfs mag and all of the sudden every half wit on the server has a Naruu champ title.
After the nerf you can't get the titles anymore.
- Sionnaine -