Elven this is what I was talking to you about...

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Brulan

Elven this is what I was talking to you about...

Post by Brulan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 pm

A blue post.
Riptide and Restoration tree
Riptide probably isn't going to be a crazy awesome raiding tool *unless* you're in a fight with a lot of movement, in which case it does its job very well. It is situational, but we actually made a lot of the new spells situational because almost every class already had bread and butter abilities well before LK.

Now, I think it does shine in 5-player dungeons, PvP or in 10-player raids, depending on how many hot-based healers you have. The initial heal could probably be a bit larger. That is something we may change after some more testing.

I know Resto hasn't gotten as much attention as other shaman specs in this forum, but honeslty we think it's because you work pretty well. Players have gotten made when I've said that before, but particularly in raids, everyone knows what they're going to get from a Resto (CH and Earth Shield) and I don't think that is going away.
Sweet a 51 point talent not intended to be used in raiding very often if at all!
No.

Taralash

Post by Taralash » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 pm

go elemental!

Brulan

Post by Brulan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Lols I am. But lets not get me started on the uselessness of the 45 and 51 point talent there in Raiding.
No.

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 pm

dude.. i don't want to talk about worthless talents for raiding, it will go on for days and days...

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day