wotlk leveling guides

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Kalianna

Post by Kalianna » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks Pale
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 am

wtbblue.com
I have used this one and really like it, I mix it with questhelper and lightheaded.

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 am

Go to new zone. Find guys with yellow exclamation marks. Click on them. Accept quests. Read quests. Do what quests say. Go back to guys with yellow question marks. Turn in quests. Get XP.

Did I miss anything?

Tachion

Post by Tachion » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:56 am

You missed the part where you are too stubborn to see value in pre-populated waypoints, extended information, and shortcuts on your map. If you are not interested in this, by all means, run around and smell the roses on the playfield. If you are interested in this stuff, they are very valuable resources in saving time leveling.

You do know that your tone comes across as belittling right?
Last edited by Tachion on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalianna

Post by Kalianna » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:23 am

wow
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 am

It really depends on whether your goal is to get to 80 as fast as humanly possible or to take your time and enjoy the content. I'm not denying the value of quest guides, but in my opinion they should be a last resort rather than the first place you go. Blizz has put some awfully pretty roses in the game and it's a shame to ignore them.

I'm not trying to belittle people who use guides, just pointing out that Blizzard has a very effective system already in place for steering you through each zone. Still, to each his own. I said my piece and if you want to spend your emotional energy getting pissed at me for it, go right ahead.

Polarside

Post by Polarside » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:24 am

Meh... Don't mind them Lealla. I've never used a leveling guide. I do use Quest Helper when playing with others though. Its just easier to keep track of where each other is at on the quest instead of asking each other every 10 seconds. Anyways... I like to read my quest and do a little searching if need be to find exactly where I need to be. I've never been an extremely fast leveler (and not just because P2 goes AFK every 5 minutes and gets lost all time lmao).
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Merawynn

Post by Merawynn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 am

Quest Helper is a great tool for when you are in a group. Cheezy and I were running around last night, and since I had already done some of the first quests, we were trying to catch him up with me. It was so nice to watch it and see what he needed and not ask. Yes, we are like 8 feet apart, but its still nice to have a normal conversation without..."How many more?" all the time.

Tachion

Post by Tachion » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:46 am

lol, im not pissed you. I was pointing out what i feel was obvious. BUT, if you want to get technical, i've heard that over the past few weeks, you've been spending quite a bit of yours on me.

I dont have a problem with you, per se. I just feel that you dont realize how you come across at times. I've accepted you for who you are. You get my respect as a good player and contributer. I dont mind playing, questing, raiding with you; but that will not stop me from making a comment now and then ;)

Stask

Post by Stask » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Tach being outspoken with his comments? Has that ever happened before? ;-)
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.