TwentyFifthNovember beats WotLK (so far)

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 pm

25N may have 'beaten' the content. But I don't think that really reflects the value and content of the game. Right now Heart is about half way through lv76. I've been reading the quest texts, I've been thoroughly enjoying the amazing new mechanics built into the game, and even PvPing...I've never had so much fun with the game.

If the only 'end' of the game is to kill bosses x, y, and z, then 25N has done that. But they've also skipped over a huge amount of the game in doing so. I guess they could always go back and do the level 70-75 quests that they passed over....although the quests will be trivial to them at that point, and not be as fun. I applaud their achievement, they've really shown their skill and commitment, but they by far haven't 'beaten' the entire game as others may define it or enjoy it.

Will YaWA plow through 25 man content as quickly? Well, that depends: Is there fire? *lol* We're still pretty well geared from BT/Hyjal and have a leg-up from that and a solid membership of good raiders.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Heartwood

Post by Heartwood » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 pm

PvE raid content difficulty

Keep in mind that guilds like this are comprised of people who have bested every raid encounter we've released since Onyxia and Molten Core. They've made it a focus for years now to conquer every piece of PvE content we put out there, and do it first. Knowledge, experience, and teamwork are built rapidly when struggling through so many different boss encounters.

Now, I'm not arguing that the raid content is any easier or harder than in the past. I've not done any of the 25 man raids yet. I do get the feeling though that the majority of the people I've seen on the forums specifically arguing that the content is too easy, based on the performance or opinions of the top guilds of the world, have not experienced the content either.

Is it possible you will draw the same conclusion when you've cleared every 25 man encounter through Arthas (when his time comes)? Of course. When your intuitions grow into experience after you've made such accomplishments you'll have better ground from which to justify your disappointment.

Of course we're monitoring your feedback and experiencing the content ourselves. I reiterate that we'll always consider adjusting content for greater ease or difficulty if we feel it is necessary to maintain a fun and rewarding game.
(Source)
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Polarside

Post by Polarside » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm

hyrion wrote:I ran an utgarde keep last nite with a 68 and 70 DK, a 72 rogue and priest. As a lvl 75 prot warrior i was top dps, beating the rogue by a slim margin and absolutely crushing the death knights on the meters. I think most of it was due to my gear and level and the DK's inexperience.
Thats just sad. haha... That used to happen to me on my warrior as well though. But this was like old original 5-mans up until around the high 40's.

I ran Nexus for the first time last night and it was me (elemental atm) and 2 rouges for DPS. We destroyed that place. Had a well geared feral drood for tank though. That first boss was annoying but hardly challenged us.

One thing we have to realize though, is the fact that these instances weren't made to be challenging for people entering Northrend in Sunwell gear. More like a half blue/green quest rewards guy.

Anyways... Those guys have always cleared content pretty fast. Just 3 days with a whole clear of everything new is whoah...
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.