Alchemy in WotLK

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#16 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Heart, there is a section for flasks as well as for elixirs and potions.
Stask, I easily go through 2 stacks of Lichbloom a night making stuff.
Guen, I'll trade you my Icethorn for your Lichbloom.

Heartwood

Post#17 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Ah, so there is. I was looking at the Flask Policy section, not at the top of the post. Post stickied. Add new flasks/elixirs as they become available if you can.
At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post#18 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:42 pm

I need my Lichbloom for flaskies too. But I'll farm you some fire leaf.

Palehorse

Post#19 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:52 pm

maybe that explains why lichbloom usually goes for 80-90 a stack....

I might send you a stack lealla if the AH prices don't look good atm ;)

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#20 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Updated with all recipes from Wowhead as of tonight. Yes, I am posting on Christmas Eve. Yes, everything is fine. My son is in bed, my wife and her mom are hanging out together, and I'm superfluous. :-D

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#21 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:59 am

I've been picking up the transmutes at a brisk pace. Has anyone discovered Eternal Might or found a recipe that uses it?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#22 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am

Alchemy update: I now know all Northrend recipes as far as I am aware. Farming the Protection Potions was the last step and didn't take long at all since the spots are easily found on Wowhead.

Lichbloom seems easier to come by lately, or has been used less. Maybe it's just that demand for flasks has ebbed as we move content to farm. Pygmy Oil is so abundant that I gave away or AH'ed at least 8 stacks after farming the mats for a stack of Fish Feast. Fire Thorns now exclusively drop Fire Leaf since 3.0.8, and so my only concern now is keeping sufficient Frost Lotus.

Also, since I'm no longer transmuting for discoveries, my Titanium cooldown is open to anyone who sends me the mats (8 Saronite Bars). Just put 'em in the mail and they will be processed in the order I receive them.

Gnomerman

Post#23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 am

8 saronite bars for titanium? not bad, thats 16 ore to 3, i'd say thats about right... in fact i'll trade the ore for titanium ore/bars at that rate, same process as lealla, however, i only want the saronite ore, bars are no good imo.

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#24 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:50 am

Due to the change to flasks in 3.1, I am modifying my Alchemy policy slightly. To recap for the TLDR crowd, all flasks will now have a 1 hour duration (down from 2), but you'll get twice as many for each combine (the doubling includes Elixir Mastery procs). They now also stack to 20 (up from 5).

There are two other flask changes. Flask of Stoneblood now grants 1300 health (up from 650); and Flask of Endless Rage now takes 3x Goldclover instead of 3x Fire Leaf.

In 3.1, I will charge 10g each for flasks in lieu of materials. However, these will be handed out in stacks of 2 or 3 depending on anticipated raid length. (Note that this is a net reduction in the price.) I reserve the right to increase the price depending on demand; at the moment I'm fairly well supplied but this could change if we start hammering through Ulduar really quickly.

As always, donations of Lichbloom and Frost Lotus in particular are greatly appreciated and will get you one or more complimentary flasks if desired.

Lastly, please keep in mind that this service is for those who cannot farm the mats for themselves. You are expected to have flasks for progression raiding, regardless of whether you buy them on the AH, have the mats combined, or get them from a guild member, and getting them ahead of time is preferable to getting them 5 minutes before the raid starts.

Thanks for your understanding.

Return to “Warcraft General”