Alchemy in Wrath of the Lich King
Alright, I guess it's a trend, so here goes. First, there are a lot of Alchemists in the guild so I'm no longer the only one providing this stuff. Many of those Alchemists are also Elixir masters, so there are a lot of people that can proc extras.
Second, you can very easily see what's available in WotLK Alchemy by going to . has a page too.
Of note is the enormous gap in progression from 425-435. Pretty much the only effective way to get to 435 (and learn the major flasks) is to transmute meta gems, and those are pretty expensive. On the plus side, you get lots of metas in your inventory for when you need them later, and there's no cooldown.
Below is the complete list of Northrend Alchemy recipes, with benefits and mats. An item marked with D is a discovery, either from Northrend Alchemy Research or transmutes.
Unless otherwise noted, all flasks take Enchanted Vials.
- 180 attack power (7 Lichbloom, 3 Fire Leaf, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 125 spell power (5 Icethorn, 5 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 38 mp5 (7 Icethorn, 3 Pygmy Oil, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 650 health (7 Lichbloom, 3 Crystallized Life, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 50 resilience rating (4 Deadnettle, 1 Goldclover, 1 Imbued Vial)
Lesser Flask of Resistance - 50 to all resistances
Note that is created from Pygmy Suckerfish, 1-2 per fish, and Fire Leaf is herbed from Fire Thorns, located only in Borean Tundra.
Unless otherwise noted, all potions take Imbued Vials. Runic Mana and Runic Healing Potions can be made into Injectors with Injector Kits crafted by Engineers.
- 4200 to 4400 mana (2 Lichbloom, 1 Goldclover)
- 2700 to 4500 health (2 Icethorn, 1 Goldclover)
D - 2475 to 4125 health/mana (2 Talandra's Rose, 2 Lichbloom)
- 5400 health/mana over a short time, asleep (1 Goldclover, 2 Talandra's Rose)
D - 500 haste/15 sec (2 Adder's Tongue, 1 Pygmy Oil)
D - 60 spell crit, 180 spell power/15 sec (2 Lichbloom, 1 Pygmy Oil)
- 3500 armor for 2 minutes (2 Icethorn, 1 Lichbloom)
D - Random effect, only usable by Alchemists (2 Goldclover)
- 400 to 600 mana, 3 min CD, usable in Arenas (10 Runic Mana, 1 Enchanted Vial)
- 2700 to 4500 health, 1 min CD, usable in Arenas (10 Runic Healing, 1 Enchanted Vial)
These are all BoP drops from mobs in Icecrown, and are thus farmable. See Wowhead for locations.
- absorb 4200 to 6000 arcane damage (2 Crystallized Earth)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 fire damage (2 Crystallized Water)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 frost damage (2 Crystallized Fire)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 nature damage (2 Crystallized Shadow)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 shadow damage (2 Crystallized Life)
Unless otherwise noted, all elixirs take Imbued Vials.
D - 45 hit rating (2 Tiger Lily, 1 Talandra's Rose)
D - 45 armor penetration rating (2 Tiger Lily)
D - 45 critical strike rating (1 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 expertise rating (1 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 haste rating (1 Deadnettle, 1 Crystallized Life)
- 45 Agility (2 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 Defense Rating (2 Icethorn, 1 Crystallized Life)
- 350 health, 20 hp5 (4 Goldclover)
D - 24 mp5 (1 Goldclover, 2 Lichbloom)
- 50 Strength (2 Tiger Lily)
- 45 Intellect (2 Deadnettle, 1 Talandra's Rose)
D - 800 armor (2 Icethorn, 1 Crystallized Earth)
- 50 Spirit (3 Talandra's Rose)
- 20 to all stats (3 Pygmy Oil)
- 58 Spell Power (1 Goldclover, 1 Tiger Lily)
(2 Cobalt Bar, 8 Saronite Bar, 2 Crystallized Life), 4 day cooldown
(1 Bloodstone, 1 Chalcedony, 1 Eternal Air)
(1 Dark Jade, 1 Huge Citrine, 1 Eternal Fire)
All Eternal transmutes have a 1 day cooldown and are discovered recipes.
(Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
These are BoP, Unique-Equipped, and all share the effect of boosting health/mana restored by potions by 40%. This does not stack with similar effects.
- 75 stamina, 50 dodge rating (20 Deadnettle, 12 Pygmy Oil, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 59 spell power, 50 haste rating (20 Goldclover, 2 Eternal Life, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 100 attack power, 50 critical strike rating (15 Adder's Tongue, 15 Tiger Lily, 1 Frost Lotus)
can be performed every 3 days for a moderate amount of herbs. It discovers a random recipe and creates 1-3 flasks, elixirs, or potions of a random type. It is the only way to discover new potions or elixirs. (Note: the chance to discover is 100%, so if you don't discover something, there's nothing left and it's pointless to keep trying.)
Titanium and Eternal transmutes (but not metas) have a chance to proc transmutation discoveries.
- You receive an increased effect and duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make. This is anywhere from 25-75% increased effect depending on the elixir/flask consumed, and always exactly double the duration.
If you intend to be a regular customer, as opposed to trading for mats or other services, I will have to charge a nominal fee of 25g per flask. At the moment, I'm good on herbs, but Frost Lotus donations are always welcome and will get you a free flask. Lichbloom is also appreciated.
I am happy to hand out most potions or elixirs in moderate quantities (no more than five), no tips required, as long as I have mats.
Lealla - Elixir Master, maxed, all recipes
Guenever - Elixir Master, maxed
Shariella - Elixir Master, maxed
Braydan - Elixir Master, maxed
Tuffenuff - Elixir Master, maxed
Areligious - Transmute master, maxed
Daevth - Potion Master, 405
Note: Masters have a chance to proc 1-4 extra units each time they craft a recipe appropriate to their specialty. Elixir Mastery includes Flasks.
Please post your specialty and rank if I didn't put you on the list or if my information is wrong.
Last edited by Lealla
on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am, edited 15 times in total.