[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Alchemy in WotLK - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Alchemy in WotLK

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Alchemy in WotLK

Post#1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Alchemy in Wrath of the Lich King

Alright, I guess it's a trend, so here goes. First, there are a lot of Alchemists in the guild so I'm no longer the only one providing this stuff. Many of those Alchemists are also Elixir masters, so there are a lot of people that can proc extras.

Second, you can very easily see what's available in WotLK Alchemy by going to . has a page too.

Of note is the enormous gap in progression from 425-435. Pretty much the only effective way to get to 435 (and learn the major flasks) is to transmute meta gems, and those are pretty expensive. On the plus side, you get lots of metas in your inventory for when you need them later, and there's no cooldown.

Below is the complete list of Northrend Alchemy recipes, with benefits and mats. An item marked with D is a discovery, either from Northrend Alchemy Research or transmutes.

Flasks
Unless otherwise noted, all flasks take Enchanted Vials.
- 180 attack power (7 Lichbloom, 3 Fire Leaf, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 125 spell power (5 Icethorn, 5 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 38 mp5 (7 Icethorn, 3 Pygmy Oil, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 650 health (7 Lichbloom, 3 Crystallized Life, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 50 resilience rating (4 Deadnettle, 1 Goldclover, 1 Imbued Vial)
Lesser Flask of Resistance - 50 to all resistances

Note that is created from Pygmy Suckerfish, 1-2 per fish, and Fire Leaf is herbed from Fire Thorns, located only in Borean Tundra.

Potions
Unless otherwise noted, all potions take Imbued Vials. Runic Mana and Runic Healing Potions can be made into Injectors with Injector Kits crafted by Engineers.
- 4200 to 4400 mana (2 Lichbloom, 1 Goldclover)
- 2700 to 4500 health (2 Icethorn, 1 Goldclover)
D - 2475 to 4125 health/mana (2 Talandra's Rose, 2 Lichbloom)
- 5400 health/mana over a short time, asleep (1 Goldclover, 2 Talandra's Rose)

D - 500 haste/15 sec (2 Adder's Tongue, 1 Pygmy Oil)
D - 60 spell crit, 180 spell power/15 sec (2 Lichbloom, 1 Pygmy Oil)
- 3500 armor for 2 minutes (2 Icethorn, 1 Lichbloom)
D - Random effect, only usable by Alchemists (2 Goldclover)

- 400 to 600 mana, 3 min CD, usable in Arenas (10 Runic Mana, 1 Enchanted Vial)
- 2700 to 4500 health, 1 min CD, usable in Arenas (10 Runic Healing, 1 Enchanted Vial)

These are all BoP drops from mobs in Icecrown, and are thus farmable. See Wowhead for locations.
- absorb 4200 to 6000 arcane damage (2 Crystallized Earth)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 fire damage (2 Crystallized Water)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 frost damage (2 Crystallized Fire)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 nature damage (2 Crystallized Shadow)
- absorb 4200 to 6000 shadow damage (2 Crystallized Life)

Elixirs
Unless otherwise noted, all elixirs take Imbued Vials.
D - 45 hit rating (2 Tiger Lily, 1 Talandra's Rose)
D - 45 armor penetration rating (2 Tiger Lily)
D - 45 critical strike rating (1 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 expertise rating (1 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 haste rating (1 Deadnettle, 1 Crystallized Life)
- 45 Agility (2 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue)
D - 45 Defense Rating (2 Icethorn, 1 Crystallized Life)
- 350 health, 20 hp5 (4 Goldclover)
D - 24 mp5 (1 Goldclover, 2 Lichbloom)
- 50 Strength (2 Tiger Lily)
- 45 Intellect (2 Deadnettle, 1 Talandra's Rose)
D - 800 armor (2 Icethorn, 1 Crystallized Earth)
- 50 Spirit (3 Talandra's Rose)
- 20 to all stats (3 Pygmy Oil)
- 58 Spell Power (1 Goldclover, 1 Tiger Lily)

Transmutes
(2 Cobalt Bar, 8 Saronite Bar, 2 Crystallized Life), 4 day cooldown
(1 Bloodstone, 1 Chalcedony, 1 Eternal Air)
(1 Dark Jade, 1 Huge Citrine, 1 Eternal Fire)

All Eternal transmutes have a 1 day cooldown and are discovered recipes.
(Air, Earth, Fire, Water)

Trinkets
These are BoP, Unique-Equipped, and all share the effect of boosting health/mana restored by potions by 40%. This does not stack with similar effects.
- 75 stamina, 50 dodge rating (20 Deadnettle, 12 Pygmy Oil, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 59 spell power, 50 haste rating (20 Goldclover, 2 Eternal Life, 1 Frost Lotus)
- 100 attack power, 50 critical strike rating (15 Adder's Tongue, 15 Tiger Lily, 1 Frost Lotus)

Research
can be performed every 3 days for a moderate amount of herbs. It discovers a random recipe and creates 1-3 flasks, elixirs, or potions of a random type. It is the only way to discover new potions or elixirs. (Note: the chance to discover is 100%, so if you don't discover something, there's nothing left and it's pointless to keep trying.)
Titanium and Eternal transmutes (but not metas) have a chance to proc transmutation discoveries.

Passive
- You receive an increased effect and duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make. This is anywhere from 25-75% increased effect depending on the elixir/flask consumed, and always exactly double the duration.

Flask Policy
If you intend to be a regular customer, as opposed to trading for mats or other services, I will have to charge a nominal fee of 25g per flask. At the moment, I'm good on herbs, but Frost Lotus donations are always welcome and will get you a free flask. Lichbloom is also appreciated.

I am happy to hand out most potions or elixirs in moderate quantities (no more than five), no tips required, as long as I have mats.

Guild Alchemists
Lealla - Elixir Master, maxed, all recipes
Guenever - Elixir Master, maxed
Shariella - Elixir Master, maxed
Braydan - Elixir Master, maxed
Tuffenuff - Elixir Master, maxed
Areligious - Transmute master, maxed
Daevth - Potion Master, 405

Note: Masters have a chance to proc 1-4 extra units each time they craft a recipe appropriate to their specialty. Elixir Mastery includes Flasks.

Please post your specialty and rank if I didn't put you on the list or if my information is wrong.
Last edited by Lealla on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am, edited 15 times in total.

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post#2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm a max level Elixir Master and can make all of the above along with Elixir of Defense for the tanks. I've been getting heaps of Frost Lotus, but always accept Icethorn, Fire Leaf, and Eternal Lifes.

I can also do a few transmutes if you are in need of them.

Palehorse

Post#3 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:57 pm

shariella should be at least 430 since I gave him mats to trasmute titanium.

apparently he picked up an eternal life to fire transmute discovery when doing his first titanium :)

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:09 pm

If people want to post their specific discoveries here, that's fine. I'd rather it be done in game via than on the forums, but YMMV.

Regarding Stask, et. al., I'd prefer they post here or I'll contact them in game myself.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#5 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am

Stask

Post#6 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Im at 433 Alchemy presnetly, but getting those last two points is proving to be a bastard since the only things that are orange/guaranteed skill-ups are the Skyflare and Earthsiege Diamond transmutes. I've offered it in trade chat a couple of times and managed to get to 433 that way. I figure I'll make at least one of those for myself, provided I can make room in my bank. Looks like I'm gonna be moving more stuff to my bank alt again...
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#7 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Stask, I just bought the mats on the AH myself for the skillups; it wasn't worth standing around for hours in Dalaran.

Gnostic
Demon Hunter

Post#8 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Areligious is a 450 transmute alchemist
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived, and dishonest; but the myth, persistant, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows for the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. ~JFK

Stask

Post#9 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Shariella isa t447 alchemy presently.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:41 pm

I'm not going to make a fuss over the last 3 points. You can make everything and that's what counts. Gnos, I've added you, too.

deavth

Post#11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Daevth is Potion Master at 405 skill

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#12 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Heartwood

Post#13 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:36 pm

At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

Stask

Post#14 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Guenever
Demon Hunter

Post#15 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Return to “Warcraft General”