Changing Factions? ZOMG

Talk about anything Warcraft related.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Lealla
Class Leader

Changing Factions? ZOMG

Post#1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Source

Blizzard wrote:We wanted to give everyone a very early heads-up that, in response to player requests, we’re developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. There’s still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we’re pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the faction-change service in a way that won’t disrupt the gameplay experience on the realms, and there will be some rules involved with when and how the service can be used. The number of variables involved increases the complexity of implementing this service, but we plan to take the time needed to ensure that it lives up to expectations before officially rolling it out. We’ll go into much more detail on all of this here at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as development progresses. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that because this type of functionality requires extensive internal testing well in advance of release, you may be seeing bits and pieces of the service in the test builds we use for the public test realms moving forward.

O.o

Doulmagnus

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Wow.

Grapeape

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:52 pm

I can finally become the troll I always wanted to be.
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
-H. L. Mencken

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:14 pm

hmmmm i could go from gnome to........ troll? undead? be?...orc/tauren can't be mages... :(

and i could finally have a tauren warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Palehorse

Post#5 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Doesn't entirely surprise me, given their long refrain 'you can't transfer pve -> pvp servers' until recently, but I'd rather they worked on getting flying mounts into Azeroth/Kalimdor :D

just me :P

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 pm

The technical hurdles for that are even worse than for faction transfers.

zephar

Post#7 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Here I come undead sexyness!
I crit perception so hard that I could see why people love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" I saw a baby [ panda ] sneeze in a video and it telepathicly gave me a bonar. Cosmic Powers "

Polarside

Post#8 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

I didn't see this till earlier today but I think its pretty cool. Too bad what I would want to move from horde, a lock and dk, I already have on alliance.
Shhh! Theres a dead horde in my trunk. Wanna see it? Fuck around and you'll be it.

Return to “Warcraft General”