First off I would like to introduce myself, I am Brulan your class leader. This post is a list of my expectations for all raiding shaman. I want it to be a point of pride for our class to be the best there is and to always help further along this guilds progression in the most efficient way possible. Everything we do should be focused towards how can we help the guild progress.
Please once you join shoot a whisper over to myself, as well as join our shaman channel /yawashaman. This is the easiest way for me to communicate during raids and a way for you to get to know your fellow shaman.
Some of this may go without saying but I don't want anyone to claim ignorance.
1) You must always be striving for the best gear available to you. If there are a few badge pieces you need still, go get them. Don't hold out for that one awesome drop you might get. You owe it to the raid to have the best gear available to you when you step foot inside an instance. If you still have work to do on your toon, I expect you will be constantly working towards getting all the gear available and not playing alts.
2) All gear must be enchanted and gemmed. The goal of a raider is to min/max their toon. Enchanting and gemming is part of that process. With the new dailies and how easy it is to make gold, money is not an excuse, get it done.
3) You must understand your role in raids. Are you a resto shaman but do nothing but spam LHW? Are you enhancement with daggers? If you answered yes to those questions, you need to do some research. www.elitistjerks.com
is your source for everything you ever need to know about playing.
4) Performance. You're performance will be evaluated during every raid. You are expected to play your class to the best of your ability. Standing in fire, dying early consistently, wiping raids, and ankh when not told to do so are all very unacceptable and will be dealt with. I am not here to babysit, in fact I hope I never have to enforce anything.
Preparing for Raids
90% of the effort of killing a boss happens before the raid even starts.
1) Sign ups! We have a sign up system for a reason. Use it, please. You should have something marked on every single raid. Sign up as cancelled if you can't make it. Always. I dont ever want there to be a question of where is so and so. Sign ups are the backbone on which our raids are built, no signs ups = no raids.
2) Always be on time. I can't stress this enough, unexcused lateness is not tolerated. If you signed up to raid, you must be online by 7:30 server for invites for the raid.
3) Know your content. Always read strats, watch videos. Have a good understanding of the new content we are about to attempt. It is pretty easy to pick out people who know what they are getting into versus the people who do not have a single clue.
4) Consumables Consumables Consumables. Always have your consumables. If its new content, you must have every possible advantage. Do not even think about coming without full buffs.
Conduct During Raids
1)Vent is not for socializing. Please stay off vent unless you are communicating something important (i.e. Should I ankh? Need help healing x.). Please do not use vent to socialize during raids, it is used to communicate instructions to everyone, I never want to see one of us speaking over a raid leader. Please feel free to socialize in /yawashaman and /raid chat. Please keep vent clear.
2)You signed up, you're staying. If you signed up to raid, you signed up to stay the whole time. If you must leave early, please note as such on your sign up. Raids are from 7-11 server, never expect to be finished before 11 server or ask if we can be done before 11 server. Raid times are there for a reason.
3)You are not the raid leader, pay attention to who is. Understand who the raid leader is. Understand who holds what roles in the raid. Never ever try to give out directions in a raid. That is the raid leaders job and they will handle it. If you have a suggestion use whispers for communication. I know people have different amount of knowledge on fights and we value your opinions, however, there is a time and place for communication of those opinions, on vent or in raid chat in the middle of explaining a fight is not a good time.
Following these guidelines will help you be successful in raiding and in Yawa. As I said before, I want the Shaman class to be a point of pride in this guild. I may hold some expectations higher than other CL's and Officers, but its only because I see great things in store for this guild, and I know if we do everything we can to be successful we will be.