[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
A short QQ about blizz and the nerf stick on Enh shammies - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

A short QQ about blizz and the nerf stick on Enh shammies

Shaman class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

adenrei

A short QQ about blizz and the nerf stick on Enh shammies

Post#1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 pm

From the get go we were promised many a things:

Instant snare removal from ghost wolf (talent tree)

Weap specs like rogues

Maelstrom Weap (instant cast abilities)

Snare and fear removal from Shamanistic Rage

These were four of the biggest changes Blizz promised us shammies from the beginning. Ghost wolf snare removal was one of the first to go. Too much QQ from droods about another class being able to pansy outta fights like them.
Weap specs was next. No reason why...it was just dropped from all existence.
Snare and fear removal...again no real reason why, from what i have seen/heard.

And finally our 50pt talent (or is it 45). Maelstrom weap. It was promising from the beginning. Every crit melee hit added a buff that reduced cast time of any spell by 20%. Stacks 5 times = instant cast whatever. I was iffy at first as my lightning bolts are doing a mere 1000 damage of which id rather be spamming Stormstrike, but they have ramped up spell power for us shammies and our offensive crit ability now gives both melee and spell crit.

Then came the first nerf. 100% chance of reducing a spell by a grand total of 20% time. I dont know an enhance shammy in their right mind that would spec for that.
So they fixed it and gave it back to us.

Again in the latest patch NERF. Now we have a 15% chance per melee crit to add 20% spell cast time reduction. Still stacks up to 5 times. Even if i do get a proc every 15%, im looking at 35 hits before its an instant cast. Ill rarely get use outta this ability outside of boss fights.

But Aden, dont you have a shit ton of crit? Well no, not in the PTR and prolly not in 3.0...for some reason my crit has dropped over 5% ....blah blah blah...you get the point...

So enough QQ, i still love shamans, and will prolly always be a shaman untill they nerf my feral spirits.

~Aden~

holydudez

Post#2 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:38 pm

I like you when you guys summon your puppies, lots of health back from divine storm :D.

adenrei

Post#3 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:42 pm

lol i get lots of health from them too XD they rock....and i have killed a pally or two in bgs with them

Brulan

Post#4 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 pm

No.

Return to “Shaman”