3.1 so far for Shamans

Shaman class discussion.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Doulmagnus

3.1 so far for Shamans

Post#1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 pm

SHAMAN

Chain Lightning – now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.

Storm, Earth and Fire – this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.

Spirit Weapons – now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.

Unleashed Rage – reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.

Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.

We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.

Brulan

Post#2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:22 pm

The S,E&F, Totem Streamlining, and Chain Lightning change make me happy in the pants. It will completely get rid of the debate on if CL should be used in a single target rotation.

I wish they'd lower the dmg even a little more and take the cooldown off. Would be kinda like forked lightning.

Shaman AoE would be kinda pimp. Magma Totem > Thunderstorm > CL till you need to refresh Magma Totem.

I can dream can't I?
No.

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:30 pm

You just keep throwing that magma totem down like a big boy!

Grapeape

Post#4 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am

Healing and Mana?!!!! Disease and Poison?!!!! Tell me more!
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
-H. L. Mencken

Visen

Post#5 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:27 am

I like that they are combining totems but I would like to have all 4 totems down in one shot rather then wait for GCD for each one.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am

Blizz would need to provide a built-in UI for that, letting you set your own totem configurations. I'm not sure it would fly technically or with the KISS principle of the default UI. Also, you'd have to support it internally by making it so that totems trigger the GCD for all spells except the other types of totems... awfully complex to pull off. Simpler to remove them from the GCD entirely, but that's something Blizz is very, very careful about, and for good reason.
Last edited by Lealla on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brulan

Post#7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:31 am

That was the #1 item said on the totem thread ghostcrawler started. It would be fantastic if they took totems off the GCD.

Being able to set up Macro's to place 4 at one time would be incredibly sexy.

*edit* in response to Lealla.. You don't need a special UI. Macro's would work 100% perfectly to set down all 4 totems at once. Otherwise you can just click which ones you want to put down like you do now.
Last edited by Brulan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
No.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#8 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:32 am

If they did that they would absolutely have to come up with some way to block "totemspam", or Shamans could easily flood the server with totem macros. Perhaps by giving each totem group an internal CD of 2-3 secs...

Brulan

Post#9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 am

I dont really understand what you mean by "totemspam"? If you mean just being able to place them over and over... simple way to fix that. Give every totem a 2 second cooldown.

Will it nerf totem in pvp a little? Not really because it takes roughly 2 seconds for someone to kill a totem. Grounding totem already has a cooldown.

This would prevent people form just spam dropping totems.
No.

Return to “Shaman”