[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Macro assistance thread - Page 2 - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

Macro assistance thread

Forum for mod & macro requests and discussion

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

Post#16 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#17 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Ecnailla

Post#18 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Bah- never happen....

I buff everyone who walks by with fort - I buy water from mages, I ask for buffs, i talk all the time and move constantly. I have A.D.D and get board - I mix it up just to try new stuff all the time.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#19 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:52 pm

You can't get bot-banned for using a /castsequence, unless you put a drinking birdy on your keyboard and walk away. :-) Just watch the game every now and again and you'll be fine.

FYI, I wasn't sure of the exact spelling of some of the spells in that macro example; you may need to adjust it a bit.

Ecnailla

Post#20 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:55 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#21 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Last edited by Lealla on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecnailla

Post#22 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Is there a website you learned all of this from or just off of wow's site? I can't tell you how awesome this stuff is to me...

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#23 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:21 pm

I am a computer programmer by hobby and trade, and I've been contributing to and trolling on the UI & Macros forum on the main WoW website for close to a year now. Does that count? ;-)

Ecnailla

Post#24 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:32 pm

That works : ) - never got into programing- just networking. "unofficial CCNA" lol.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#25 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:24 am

I have just updated the macros in this thread for WoW version 2.1. The most significant changes for macro authors are:

* #show and #showtooltip now evaluate the macro to determine what spell cooldown/tooltip to display, rather than always showing the first. They also work with inventory and bag slots, and can take conditionals of their own (e.g.: #showtooltip [harm] Starfire; Healing Touch).
* New conditional: [flyable] evaluates true if you are able to use a flying mount.
* Multiple "or" conditions for a single spell/item use may be compressed (see my macros for examples).
* New command "/cancelform" cancels any Druid form.

There are some bugs in 2.1 with respect to macro conditionals and certain /castsequence commands; adding a semicolon at the end usually resolves the issue. This will be fixed in 2.1.2.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#26 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:14 pm

Major 2.3 changes that will affect macro writers:

* /stopcasting is no longer needed to chain actions or overcome latency. You can still use it to intentionally interrupt a spellcast - such as with Counterspell or CC abilities.
* Druids and Priests will now automatically shift out of forms if they attempt to use an action that cannot be done in that form.
* Shifting out of a form is now recognized instantly by the client, just like dismounting. This means that Druids can now instantly shift from one form to another with the default UI.
* Some macro conditionals now have abbreviations - see the patch notes.

Also (actually implemented in 2.2, but I forgot to add them):

* Macro conditionals must now always be in lowercase.
* #show and #showtooltip cannot be used in the same macro - one or the other.

Sample macro updates indicated in yellow text.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#27 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:04 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#28 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:53 am

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#29 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:31 am

Bump for new people; made some edits for 2.3.2.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#30 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm

I still want that focus macro with options!
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “WoW Addon & Macro Discussion”