Pull macro-

/cast Arcane Shot(rank1)
/stopcasting

Pet attack macro-

/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack

This is my misdirection macro.
It will cast misdirection on the following assuming they exist and are not dead
A. Who you have focus set on (I keep on my tank)
B. Your pet
C. Your current target

/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection; Misdirection

This is my FREEZE PET macro – Your pet will stop doing whatever he is doing and just freeze.

/petstay
/petpassive

These are my aspect macros-

Main
/castsequence Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Viper
2nd-
/castsequence Aspect of the Cheetah, Aspect of the Pack, Aspect of the Wild,

(I keep monkey on my bar b/c I need it fast – I open my spell book if I ever need beast)

These are my track macros-

Main-
/castsequence Find Minerals, Track Beasts, Track Humanoids,
2nd-
/castsequence Track Demons, Track Undead, Track Elementals, Track Giants, Track Dragonkin, Track Hidden

Kalissa

Post by Kalissa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:15 pm

The "dead" (or "nodead") conditional implies "exists", so you only need this:

/cast [target=focus,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,nodead] Misdirection; Misdirection

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:36 pm

cool - now that I look at it, i actually think I have it switched- this would be better -

/cast [target=focus,nodead] Misdirection; Misdirection; [target=pet,nodead] Misdirection

Not sure if that would work... have to look into it- probably want the order to be Focus, target, pet - not focus, pet, target.

Kalissa

Post by Kalissa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:48 pm

/cast [target=focus,nodead] Misdirection; Misdirection; [target=pet,nodead] Misdirection

This would never get past casting MD on your target because there is no conditional. So first it will check out your focus. If that fails, it will be as if you just pressed the MD button in your spellbook and subject to any of the reasons a normal MD cast could fail. It would never cast on your pet.

Not being a Hunter myself, it seems like it might be more logical to do something like this:

/cast [help,nodead] Misdirection; [target=focus,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,nodead] Misdirection

This would cast MD on your target if it is a friendly. This way, even if you have a focus, you can still cast MD on another person if it is necessary. If your target isn't friendly, it will cast on your focus or pet like normal. If you also don't have a focus or pet, nothing will happen, which is the same effect as the original macro.

I assume that, because you are using a focus macro for MD, you have the mob targeted when you cast it on the MT (or a gnome). Changing the macro around like this wouldn't affect that use. Of course, it all depends on how you play, just thought I'd offer another possibility.

Ecnailla
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 70

Post by Ecnailla » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Hmm...

I do like having it use my target first -focus (aka tank) 2nd and pet 3rd.

Then I can cast it on Elven (or a gnome) even if the tank is alive.

I think a new pull shot *macro (using cast sequence)would be in order for use with MD - Aimed shot - stopcasting- distracting shot- stop casting- arcane shot - stop casting... that should sent some nice aggro on Elvenb..err... the tank.

edit to clarify