making a summoning speech macro. lua/ToC anyone?

Forum for mod & macro requests and discussion

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Palehorse

making a summoning speech macro. lua/ToC anyone?

Post by Palehorse » Sun May 18, 2008 11:58 pm

So I'm thinking of creating a macro with text while casting ritual of summoning, but I don't know how to create an .lua file or a ToC folder as per the following directions:
Put all that in a .lua file. Create a standard .toc, put them in a folder and add to your AddOns folder. Then create a macro:

#showtooltip Ritual of Summoning
/script funsummon()
/cast Ritual of Summoning

create a second macro with /script nastysummon() as the second line. Now you can choose to be nasty to those who irritate you. :)

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Mon May 19, 2008 1:41 am

You could try using my JASpellHelper addon. Just install it and type:

/jash add spell="Ritual of Summoning" message="Summoning %T."

Put your preferred message in there and add as many more as you like. As long as it's enabled, it'll pick a random message from the list to say whenever you cast the spell.

Stask

Post by Stask » Mon May 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Lealla, is that the same addon that you use when you rez people on Brendore? I've been meaning to ask you about that becasue I want it for Laivindil. Where do I find your addon? (On Yawa's DL page, no doubt you'll tell me...)
"I am unworthy of any respect. True story." -Brulan

Recorded for posterity. He had no idea how right he was.

Palehorse

Post by Palehorse » Mon May 19, 2008 11:50 pm

it's in a stickied thread in the mod & macro discussion forum. L2checkforumheadings :P

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Tue May 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Another option is to combine the AfterCast addon with an RP addon like SpeakEasy. This way you can keep your macros, but have the addon control the text that's spoken and when you speak it. The advantage versus my addon is that you get more flexibility in your casting conditions: as an example, you can have it say something after the cast completes, rather than when it starts - or you can have it say something on cast failure, etc.

The advantage to my addon is that you don't need any macros at all. It automatically triggers when you cast any spell that you've set up messages for.

Dzam

Post by Dzam » Tue May 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Don't make a summoning emote. They are annoying. Same thing for the pet summon. Get rid of it.

Overan

Post by Overan » Tue May 20, 2008 9:03 pm

/script local a = " - will 2 people please click on the portal."; local b = UnitName("target"); if (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then SendChatMessage("Summoning "..b..a, "RAID"); else SendChatMessage("Summoning "..b..a, "PARTY"); end
/cast Ritual of Summoning
MORE DOTS!