whatcha think?

Forum for mod & macro requests and discussion

Moderator: Demon Hunters

deceiverfx

whatcha think?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:48 pm

After last nights raid I got to thinking about something. Alot of people were calling out their targets by raid icons and I believe gnomer was calling out his target for sheeps on the necro's. What is everyone's thoughts on some type of macro that announces in raid chat their targets? For us mages we could incorporate this into our focus macro where when we focus on the target it will announce it.

I guess this could also be used to tanks as well as locks for banish.

Thoughts?

hyrion

Post#2 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Mine would be very confusing for the raid, i get an aggro lead on an add and switch to another.
Usually when the dps is focusing on the add i'm tanking, i'm already off it and looking for another target.
Sometimes i'll call my target out and see it get feared, thats my que to find another.
Hyjal is alot of improvising, my peronal feeling is we got it under control. The trash mobs never killed us our 2 wipes came from the bosses.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm

For an example of this sort of thing, see the raid target announcement macro that I did for Elvenbane a while back. Getting the raid target icon in there is a bit complicated and eats up most of the available space, but if you leave it off the macro is easy as cake to write. The simplest possible example follows:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/focus
/raid My focus target is %t.

However, the raid leaders already use an addon that automatically marks targets with raid symbols. With preassigned sheep targets, there should be no need to be confused over which one you need to go after. In a situation where mobs are coming that are unmarked and untanked, announcing your target is useless, as many mobs will have the same name anyway.

As for tank targets, that's what the Main Tank Target frame is for. If you aren't using it, you should be. For Warlocks, the same thing applies as above. If you don't know which mob to banish, pick one. You will seldom go wrong by CC'ing something.

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:45 pm

i call out what im sheeping, but i often select my target before it has a raid icon, and i sheep whatever isn't already in the concecrate

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

deceiverfx

Post#5 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Gnomerman wrote:i call out what im sheeping, but i often select my target before it has a raid icon, and i sheep whatever isn't already in the concecrate

I agree we had no problems with the adds. I was trying to think of a better way to manage cc's to free up a tank and to prevent a sheep target from being tanked before it's sheeped :)

But i'm all about not trying to fix something that isn't broke :)

Return to “WoW Addon & Macro Discussion”