HOT tracking addon

Forum for mod & macro requests and discussion

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

HOT tracking addon

Post#1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

I have and love hotcandy and would love something similer, but I'm not too picky. I just want something that will list all the HOTs and their time remaining. The catch is I want it to track the HOTs cast by another player in my group.
I want to watch my druid's Hots on my pally's screen. Are there any addons designed for healers that show the HOTs active from other players?

Merawynn

Post#2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

NECB will, but only on the target you are selecting at that time. IE, when I am healing Heart, I can see Lealla's HoTs, along with my own, but if I flip to another target, these go away. AND you also have any DoT for that target as well. Kinda messy.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#3 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Did NECB ever get fixed? I abandoned it for DoTimer after 2.4 because it was horribly broken.

Ecnailla

Post#4 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Will DOTimer track other's hots?

I'll give that one a shot mera, thanks : )

A macro may serve my needs - It would only be one spell, so a cast sequ. macro wouldn't work, but I would want to use the rest=5 to keep it from casting more than once every 5 sec. Is this possible?

/cast [target=papapally] reset:5 lifebloom

I know that is so bad that lealla just cringed, but you get what I am trying to do.

Merawynn

Post#5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:33 pm

I got NECB off Curse the other day, its an old version but is still functional.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#6 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Ec, that will not work. Reset conditions only work with castsequences and the sequence will still reset regardless of the timer if you click through it. It is impossible to cause a macro to wait for a cooldown or duration, and it is also impossible for a castsequence to cycle through multiple targets.

Ecnailla

Post#7 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Yea, just one target. I wonder if I can fill it with something it can't do to eat the rest of the time....

/castseq. reset:5 lifebloom, root, root, root, root, root, root

This would fail b/c it would be trying to root my own player until it rest, right?

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#8 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 pm

It depends - I think Blizzard removed the ability to use a "null" command in a castsequence. In any event, the reset timer is an idle timer, meaning you would have to not activate the macro for at least 5 seconds for it to reset, regardless of how many "nulls" you add.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#9 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:33 pm

DoTimer > NECB tracks your hots runnin on all targets, regardless of how you cast them, ie. mouseover macros (which necb didnt track) will also keep track of pom jumps etc.

xperl can track total hots on a person, but doesnt differentiate by caster.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Return to “WoW Addon & Macro Discussion”