[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
A few questions about macros - Clan YaWA - You and Whose Army

A few questions about macros

Forum for mod & macro requests and discussion

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Ecnailla

A few questions about macros

Post#1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Question 1:
I want a macro that will assist my focus if it is alive and friendly. I want a single cast and cast sequence.
Will this work and if so do I have any old or unneeded crap in it? I used my shaman's spells for a simple example, but I'll actually be using this for my druid to assist my shaman in pvp.

/castsequence reset=target/combat [harm,nodead] [target=focustarget,harm,nodead] Lighting bolt, Lighting bolt, lighting bolt, lighting bolt, Chain lightning

/cast [harm,nodead] [target=focustarget,harm,nodead] Lighting bolt

Question 2:

/cast heroism
/use Drums of Battle
/use 13
/use Destruction potion
/party Use trinkets/cooldowns now.
/whisper Zeis DISTRACTION!

Do I have to press this macro once or 6 times?

Question 3:
Is it possible via scripts to disable jump or unbound the space bar when I go into flight form or aqua form? My druid is set to follow and if I use jump on my main to move up it makes my druid stop following me. I know I would have to hit a 2nd script when I land to rebind it. I have tried to just keep it turned off, but I don't like not being able to jump at all on my druid. I don't know anything about addons, but how complicated would it be to write an addon that just prevents or unbinds your "jump" or spacebar while in flight or aqua forms?

Question 4:
I have started to play around with a voice program (thanks D!) and it has raised some questions about botting. I can set it up to where I say "Move forward", it will press W and hold it unless I say "Stop". I don't think that will trigger me as botting, but I can also use the program to press tab, cast a spell and then cast a 2nd spell. I know this is bad and will get me in trouble as it violates the 1key=1action policy - but I didn't press any keys. If a program is pressing one key for me or if it is pressing multiple keys for me - how does that show up differently? I guess I am just worried that I could get in trouble because a program is typing period - even if it is just 1 key. But on the other had that is what my dualboxing program does- I hit 1 and it hits 1 inside two seperate programs and blizz gave that the green light.

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:04 am

Answer 1:
Your conditionals could be in the wrong order - the way you wrote those macros, you will always attack your current target if you have one. My impression is that you'd rather attack your focus's target by preference. If I'm wrong and you only want to assist your focus if you aren't currently targeting anything, then the macros will work as you wrote them.

You mentioned "assist my focus if it's alive and friendly". The way you wrote the macro, it's actually checking your focus's target. If that's your intention, fine, but you cannot conditionally cast on anything other than the unit being tested in your clause. The following would work, however:

/assist [target=focus,help,nodead]
/cast blah blah

Answer 2:
As long as none of the abilities/items you are activating invokes the global cooldown (self/item group cooldowns don't count), one press will cause all of those commands to be run at the same time (more or less).

Answer 3:
It is possible, but I don't have my API reference handy to tell you exactly how to write the command. You would use /script SetBinding(), however. I'll check when I get home. I'm also not sure if it's possible to do this in combat; I suspect not.

Answer 4:
Using a voice program to control the game is fine, as long as you stick to the "one command = one keypress" mantra. Having a voice command hold down 'W' until you tell it to stop is no problem. Having a voice command send "1, pause, 2, pause, 3, pause, 4, pause" would be a nono. Voice programs are no different in this manner than a programmable keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral. It's how you use it that counts, not that you use it.

Dzam

Post#3 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#4 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Lealla
Class Leader

Post#5 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Return to “WoW Addon & Macro Discussion”