i know its dated

Forum for jokes, videos and other random shit. Some content may be NSFW.

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

i know its dated

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 am

but i finally saw stepbrothers over the weekend.

it may be my favorite will farrel film... /discuss

boats n hoes!!

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Kalianna

Post by Kalianna » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 am

I'm sorry guys, I beg you to give me the benefit of the doubt on this one. You need to give up on Will Farrel. For the most part his acting is poor and VERY typecast. The movies funny parts are because of supporting roles. The only good stuff he ever did was on SNL. His Harry Carey is dead on and classic imo. I know alot of you young kids love this blowhard and I respect your opinions, but believe me, there are alot of much funnier people out there.
Please someone, give me the knowledge to only Blink when I should.

Lealla
Class Leader
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Druid
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: You and Whose Army

Post by Lealla » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 am

I wholeheartedly agree, Kali. Actors like Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller aren't really funny. They make a living by playing moronic losers who are the victims of slapstick gags.

Gnomerman

Post by Gnomerman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 am

kali...

is he the funniest man alive? hell no. best actor, not even close. however if i want to entertain myself and laugh my ass off for 2 hours, its a good bet. is it the best will farrel film because of him... nope, it has him in it, and is great.

being rediculously funny is the only way an ugly man can make it in holywood, and well this movie has a ton of funy ugly men in it, and its pretty stellar. and no, us younger croud doesn't have the fine aged comedy tastes of you, but sadly, thats something i can't appreciate.
and btw, imo, how something is said, is far more important than what is said, in ANY context. works great in comedy, and i think this did a good job at that.

and kali, you can't tell me the boats n hoes music video presentation is not rediculously awesome.

Andrea Bocelli with a drum solo? yeah... thats right, it happened. and it was stellar.

- also, if i could make half as much money as they do (well will farrel at least) doing anything i'd be pretty happy, well, minus having sex with old ladies or touching shit

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day