cpu cooler

Computers, Gadgets and other Cool Shit

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

cpu cooler

Post#1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 pm

so im still shopping for a cpu cooler (maybe) on my current rig i have a zalman cps9500. it looks damn good, and works well too.

for my little bros rig, the cost of it seems a bit high (i'd want to get a 9700).

what im looking for is to see who has what cooling their cpu and how well it works. ambient room temps, idle, full load cpu temps would be great, humidity too if you know, if not im being too technical.

im most curious from what you deep south and southwest folks have to say, seeing as its hot there more than it is up north.

i know on my system, which runs hotter than his rig will, the cpu gets up to 53 C in the dead of summer, 95+ degrees 100% humidity. inside temps were in the 80s in my bedroom last summer. (thats about 30c) 23 degrees over ambient under full load is acceptable. my current processor is an amd FX-55. i believe its at 1.4v (maybe 1.35 i forget what i set it at)

the cpu that im looking to cool is a amd phenom II 920.

go go comments

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Ecnailla

Post#2 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:52 pm

IMajorSmall

Post#3 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Return to “Technical Discussion”