Computers, Gadgets and other Cool Shit

Moderator: Demon Hunters

User avatar
Posts: 4


Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Once 3.1 went live I found I could not launch wow.exe. My launcher was fine then hit play and nothing.
I then found out it was iolo technologies, and their products that was conflicting with WoW. For me it was System Mechanic, not for the firewall/virus scan but for the rest of it that I would prefer to not uninstall.

Blizz recommends "Right click on Wow.exe in your Wow folder->Properties->Compatibility tab->Input Settings->Turn off advanced text services for this program," but that did not fix it for me.

After a night of no wow, and stubbornly refusing to un install or to turn off the processes, I found my answer

Look at the 16th post, from Ressie, basically changing the ioloHL.dll to _ioloHL.dll
Finally I can play my WoW. Hopefully no one else had this issue, but throwing out my solution in case it helps.

Return to “Technical Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests