Computers, Gadgets and other Cool Shit

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Gnomerman

and they said macs just work......

Post#1 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 pm

so yeah... no

http://www.pcworld.com/article/171129/s ... ripes.html

my favorite line
"Since Snow Leopard does not include a firmware upgrade, which could cause bricking, it instead exposes preexisting faults on your computer. User R C-R says, "What [Snow Leopard] can do, & do very well, is to expose a preexisting problem you weren't aware of. Typically, it is a hardware problem"

-so the problem isn't with the new os, its with the piece of shit hardware they sold to you.

oh don't you love (to hate) apple.

and they say it just works..... hahahahahahahaha

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Gnomerman

Post#2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:04 pm

and more apple fun

They apparantly are blaming the iphone exploding due to user error, "caused by an external force"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8227028.stm

ummm last time i checked, it was required by law, to design a device to not harm the user, even under forseeable misuse. dropping your iphone on the ground is definatly in the relm of foreseeable misuse. driving your car over an iphone is forseeable misuse. dropping a knife on your iphone is forseeable misuse.... i hope you see where im going.

am i saying the phone should still work after you hit it with an axe? no. im saying it shouldn't blow up, period. if i drop my phone on the ground, and it blows up and injures me, i will be suing, and i doubt that all the high priced defense lawyers in the land could stop the judge (and jury for the amount of money they'd have to pay my injured ass) that my injury was caused by forseeable misuse, and that the designers are 100% liable for that injury.

however, if i sued cuz my phone stopped working when i dropped it, then i'd be sol.

There is more to life than pew pew you know, like staying out of the fire so you can live to pew pew another day

Ecnailla

Post#3 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

If the iphone blew up everytime you dropped it, I'd order 10. Ifrag. Igrenade.

Pinned down by a bunch of commies in a foxhole? Yea.. we got an app for that...

Gnomerman

Post#4 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:34 pm

haha hell yeah!

Context

Post#5 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:57 am

lmfao
...have trigger, will travel...

Ceydan

Post#6 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 am

rofl ec

Return to “Technical Discussion”