Good Article: PC vs Mac Security

Computers, Gadgets and other Cool Shit

Moderator: Demon Hunters

Elvenbane
Leader

Good Article: PC vs Mac Security

Post#1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:51 pm

It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Arlan

Post#2 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:51 am

Looks interesting, will finish when I am not drunk. *hic*

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#3 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:47 am

thanks for that. ive been spending my morning after xmas attempting to configure mac os x. its actually not as much of a nightmare as i thought it was going to be. i still like win7 better especially for the homegroup. But i was able to create a new network for her so she could print wirlessly. which was a huge pita. and i heavly contemplated putting brandy in my coffee. but i got through it. But next is anti spy/mal/virus software. so ill read up on it a little more later.

Elvenbane
Leader

Post#4 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Long story short, these days it comes down more to browser choices and not being a dumbass than your OS.

As far as security goes Win7 > OSX however due to the market share OSX still gets targeted way less.
It's the thought that counts, not how many people die because of it.
Elvenbane#1520

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#5 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:09 pm

yay cliff notes. err. ebnotes?

Virek
Demon Hunter

Post#6 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:24 pm

so after you told me i could reformat her mac to win7 since its running a intel i7. i mentioned it to her and got shot down. looks like she likes the shiney buttons on the mac. o well. OS X isnt too bad i have to admit. im not gonna use it, but whatever. that just means i get my lappy back! so im gonna strip down my desktop to only the basics plus cad/wow. So i dont bog down my system running cad. And then wow should be a little less laggy. Turn my lappy into my school comp and just xfer files via homegroup. yay win7!

Return to “Technical Discussion”